• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 18
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 19
  • Total: 19
photobox
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

QOTD 14th Nov - Camera Availability

Started by spikeyjen, November 14, 2013, 12:49:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spikeyjen

Do you carry your camera around with you all the time? Do you carry a little point and shoot (or use a mobile instead) for those candid, quick shots?

Jediboy

Always have my mobile. And go through phases of taking my DSLR out with me all the time.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

jinky

Rarely as I am so intolerant of the results from my phone / compact and am reluctant to take my dslr on the offchance.

ABERS

I usually have just a couple of 'photo days' a month when I have the NEX7 and a second lens in my pocket with no idea what I may stumble across or what takes my eye. I'm always looking and making mental notes of places and situations to revisit, perhaps on one of those 'photo days', but when that day comes around I've usually forgotten what and where they are! :uglystupid2:

I've got a mobile somewhere and I think it has a photo capability but have never used it.

P.S On Spikeyjens original post is an icon g+1 and when the cursor hovers over it a message says publicly recommend this Alan Abercrombie, what's that all about?

spikeyjen

Quote from: ABERS on November 14, 2013, 08:05:47 AM
I usually have just a couple of 'photo days' a month when I have the NEX7 and a second lens in my pocket with no idea what I may stumble across or what takes my eye. I'm always looking and making mental notes of places and situations to revisit, perhaps on one of those 'photo days', but when that day comes around I've usually forgotten what and where they are! :uglystupid2:

I've got a mobile somewhere and I think it has a photo capability but have never used it.

P.S On Spikeyjens original post is an icon g+1 and when the cursor hovers over it a message says publicly recommend this Alan Abercrombie, what's that all about?

no idea Abers, and I don't get the message, but I googled Alan Abercrombie and it appears he is a UK photographer with some interesting B&W portraits worth looking at...
not sure if I'm supposed to feel special or not!!

http://www.dphotographer.co.uk/user/ABERCROMBIE

jinky

I cannot see G+1 either on the post but it`s a Google+ badge that recommends  to others if you +1 it. One of you must be on google+ for it to show. I am but never use it.

ABERS

Strange, I just tapped it and was taken to a log in request for Google. No idea how why or when if I'm on Google+.

SimonW

My tiny Canon S95 lives permanently in my jacket pocket - and gets used most days though often the results just get binned.

(I've often wished it was faster to access though - I keep it in a padded case in my pocket because the jacket tends to get some rough treatment, so it takes sometimes valuable seconds to extract it.)

I take the DSLR for planned shoots and trips which I know will give photo opportunites.
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

spikeyjen

I recently bought a little Sony Cybershot to take bike riding with me... it does more than my 7D does. But I still have to make friends with it.

Oldboy

Ninty-nine time out of a hundred I take my Dslr with me as you never know what may present it's self.  :tup:

donoreo

Quote from: ABERS on November 14, 2013, 08:58:58 AM
Strange, I just tapped it and was taken to a log in request for Google. No idea how why or when if I'm on Google+.
If you have a google account (gmail?) you have a shell Google+ account. 

donoreo

I usually have my mobile with me.  When I was actively doing a 365 I carried a point and shoot.  Still more flexibility than a mobile. 

ABERS

Quote from: donoreo on November 14, 2013, 11:20:58 AM
Quote from: ABERS on November 14, 2013, 08:58:58 AM
If you have a google account (gmail?) you have a shell Google+ account.

Thanks for that Don. Now I know. :tup:

oggalily

I bought a Sony RX-100 over the summer and I use it whenever I don't feel like carrying my DSLR.  It's no match for the D700 but it is fairly adaptable, nice and compact, and takes good video.  I find it's not too intrusive when I'm out with my family, for example.

I have taken a couple of surprisingly good shots on my iPhone as well but only in decent light.

Mick

Quote from: ABERS on November 14, 2013, 08:05:47 AM

Alan, had to check that out myself, as I wasn't aware that any social sharing mod was installed.  Seems you are using the Graystyle theme, which is why some of the other members aren't seeing the google + button.  It's built into that theme, and adds that button to the first post of each thread.  Nothing to worry about though, if you don't use google + just ignore it.  ;)
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.