• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 133
  • Total: 133
aliexpress
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Entries and POLL thread for weekly competition: Love.

Started by Reinardina, May 06, 2012, 10:33:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vote now for weekly cometition. Subject 'Love.'

Love and Devotion

13 (72.2%)
Making Love in the rain

1 (5.6%)
Young Love

1 (5.6%)
Venus and cupid

1 (5.6%)
Head over heels

0 (0%)
The gift of a rose

0 (0%)
Family Love

2 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: May 19, 2012, 10:26:18 AM

Hinfrance

That was a bit of a whitewash, wasn't it. Well done.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Quote from: Hinfrance on May 19, 2012, 03:42:49 PM
That was a bit of a whitewash, wasn't it. Well done.

Thank you H. Results like this normally happen to others, and I'm thrilled to bits it happened to me this time!
Have to keep it up now, I suppose ... At least try to.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Reinardina

Oldboy

At least I came second!  :wtf:

Well done Reinardina.  :tup:

Reinardina

Quote from: Oldboy on May 19, 2012, 04:11:45 PM
At least I came second!  :wtf:

Well done Reinardina.  :tup:

You did OB, and with twice the number of votes as the numbers three!
Thanks for the 'well done.'

Reinardina

ABERS

Knew this was a winner when I saw it on Flickr, nothing to do with a competition. As I said then, you're getting the hang of it in a big way. Congrats R  :tup:

Graham

It's just a great pic. I think it's the eye contact between the two that does it.
                 Graham.  :tup:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Reinardina

Quote from: ABERS on May 20, 2012, 07:57:46 AM
Knew this was a winner when I saw it on Flickr, nothing to do with a competition. As I said then, you're getting the hang of it in a big way. Congrats R  :tup:

Thanks Alan. Your reaction on Flickr was a major boost to my confidence.

It was one of my lucky days. Because of my poor eyesight, I only 'see' things when they're right in front of me, and then I'm often too close to take a photograph.

In this case, man and dog were walking ahead of me. Bit scary really; big man and a dog with a very sturdy collar and chain. Till we all stood and waited for the lights to change, and I saw the dog look up with such an adoring expression on his face, that I knew I had to have that! Of course I was too late.

We continued in the same direction, camera ready to catch the moment, and to my delight, he sat down on a bench and they started their 'conversation.' All my birthdays at once: a (more or less) static subject (and a big one!), oozing tenderness.

Quote from: Graham on May 20, 2012, 08:10:05 AM
  It's just a great pic. I think it's the eye contact between the two that does it.

Thank you Graham. It was the utter devotion that attracted my attention.

Graham

Quote from: Reinardina on May 20, 2012, 08:51:50 AM

It was one of my lucky days. Because of my poor eyesight, I only 'see' things when they're right in front of me, and then I'm often too close to take a photograph.

In this case, man and dog were walking ahead of me. Bit scary really; big man and a dog with a very sturdy collar and chain. Till we all stood and waited for the lights to change, and I saw the dog look up with such an adoring expression on his face, that I knew I had to have that! Of course I was too late.

We continued in the same direction, camera ready to catch the moment, and to my delight, he sat down on a bench and they started their 'conversation.' All my birthdays at once: a (more or less) static subject (and a big one!), oozing tenderness.

That's the secret. Recognising when a pic is about to happen and pursuing it.  :tup:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Beaux Reflets

The composition lines, curves and form are cracking too, making the photo really gel into the gem shot  :tup: Now you have got to seek the next one Reinardina  ;D
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

irv_b

Can I add my congrats to a wonderful shot Rei. All that has been said before me, sums it up a treat well done.
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Reinardina

Reinardina

Quote from: Graham on May 20, 2012, 02:24:34 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on May 20, 2012, 08:51:50 AM

That's the secret. Recognising when a pic is about to happen and pursuing it.  :tup:

I'm getting better at recognising possible shots, but only if they are within focus range, which, in my case, is more or less under my feet! But I'm lucky to have a photographer friend, and when we're out together occasionally, he acts as a 'spotter.' Makes life a lot easrier.

Quote from: beauxreflets on May 20, 2012, 02:34:28 PM
The composition lines, curves and form are cracking too, making the photo really gel into the gem shot  :tup: Now you have got to seek the next one Reinardina  ;D

That was pure luck Andy. The way things were, I had to shoot from where I stood, and could not really walk round a few times to get the best composition. By the time I finished, the dog was looking at me, and the spell was broken.
And I'm always seeking the next one. Finding it is the problem!

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.