• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 148
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 172
  • Total: 172
photobox
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Free Photoshop CS2

Started by donoreo, December 19, 2013, 03:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donoreo

Hinfrance

The licence on the Adobe site says the downloaded software may only be used by people who had bought CS2 in the past.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

donoreo

I was coming back to post that.  I was mislead by the story. 

hssutton

CS2 is available if you want it. Just create an Adobe ID and download it.

However this is the quote from Adobe.

"Adobe is absolutely not providing free copies of CS2!" said Adobe employee Don Isaacs on Adobe's forums, overdoing the exclaimation marks somewhat. "What is true is that Adobe is terminating the activation servers for CS2 and that for existing licensed users of CS2 who need to reinstall their software, copies of CS2 that don't require activation but do require valid serial numbers are available. (Special serial numbers are provided on the page for each product download.) You are only legally entitled to download and install with that serial number if you have a valid license to the product!"

Serial numbers that work are Windows Serial number: 1045-1412-5685-1654-6343-1431
                                          Mac OS X Serial number: 1045-0410-5403-3188-5429-0639

I know the windows serial number works as I downloaded it onto my daughters and sons PCs, though cannot comment on the Mac serial number

Andrew

can validate the Mac serial number as i downloaded and tried it previously.

1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

WillyP

Given that photographers earn a living selling intellectual property rights to their creations, I am surprised to see anyone here advocating theft of intellectual property rights of Adobe's creations.

:(

Hinfrance

But, on the other hand, it is pretty much standard industry practice to give away older versions of software as a teaser to buy the latest versions. Especially as the commercial value of older software is negligible, or in the case of CS2, precisely zero. This has never been Adobe's thing though.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Oldboy

Quote from: Hinfrance on December 20, 2013, 10:00:58 AM
But, on the other hand, it is pretty much standard industry practice to give away older versions of software as a teaser to buy the latest versions. Especially as the commercial value of older software is negligible, or in the case of CS2, precisely zero. This has never been Adobe's thing though.

QuarkXPress 5 was given away free on computer mag a few years ago and was retailed at £1,100. I got my copy for £550 secondhand.  :o

WillyP

Some people give away photos for free... does that mean I can steal yours?

Oldboy

Quote from: WillyP on December 21, 2013, 05:50:44 PM

Err...........No!  :-* :P

Hinfrance

Quote from: WillyP on December 21, 2013, 05:50:44 PM

Be my guest. If you can make any money out of them good luck to you. But don't be surprised if I freeload on your hard work afterwards :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

WillyP

LOL.. but you've missed my point. I am saying just because someone chooses to give away their work, doesn't mean everybody does.

Anyway... Merry Christmas.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.