• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 117
  • Total: 117
  • Bingbot
aliexpress
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Perfect Effects 8 free download

Started by hssutton, January 28, 2014, 10:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hssutton

Perfect Effects 8 is free for 64 bit users, one day only. Works as a standalone program or as plug-in for Photoshop & Lightroom.

http://www.ononesoftware.com/landing/pe8offer/

Harry

Andrew

seems to have worked ok - am down for a play next week
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

hssutton

I was a little doubtful as to the quality of this program at first, but using it as a plug-in for Lightroom has certainly changed my mind. Similar to the Nik Filter Suite. Obviously not as good, but still pretty impressive for a freebee.

Hinfrance

Quote from: hssutton on January 29, 2014, 08:41:15 PM
Similar to the Nik Filter Suite. Obviously not as good, but still pretty impressive for a freebee.

Having been a user of version 7 (from within  the suite) for a while I wouldn't say that it's not as good as Nik, I would say it's different. I'm not sure it will suit everyone because to get the best out of it you need to use the layers. This is just the Effects module of the OnOne Photo suite, so there will undoubtedly be a follow up email soon offering an upgrade to the suite*, hopefully at a jolly reasonable price. The full suite has modules for portrait enhancement, black and white, masking (like Remask), depth of field and resizing. The portrait one is particularly good, but I still prefer Topaz Remask and Black and White plugins.

* and as I type, one has just arrived . . but $130 is too rich for me when I already have version 7 and I've just had to buy another hard drive.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

I got some note about an issue with my video card whilst downloading but still seemed to load OK. Then I decided I already had at least 3 more editing programmes than I needed so deleted it so that I don`t complicate my workflow (if you can call it a flow) any further

deetus

Just getting into the full Perfect Photosuite - along with Lightroom - I think it's one hell of a package. I find that the presets supplied are excellent, even more so because they are editable and then being able to be saved as new presets. The filters are excellent too.  :)

anglefire

I've just tried the link above and it still works :)
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.