• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 122
  • Total: 122
parkcameras
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Don McCullin

Started by Hinfrance, August 22, 2011, 09:58:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

I apologize if this link has already been posted elsewhere.  :uglystupid2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_39l_s3Okc&feature=channel_video_title

I would really like to see this, but it's a long walk.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

rksmith51

Great link H, an interesting story and super shots .
Hi, "Guest" long time no see, how are you

ABERS

If there is anyone that has influenced me in photography it's Don McCullin. My bookshelf has just about all his books, and I expect I'll buy what I haven't got when I visit the exhibition. :tup:

Beaux Reflets

Nice link Howard. Thank you  :tup:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Graham

Like Alan, I have more of his books than any other photographer.
    I think for me now it's a case of sod the expence, I need to get to London and see that exhibition.
             Thanks for the reminder.  Graham.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

ABERS

When you visit let me know and I'll lessen the expense by buying you a coffee or a  :beer:

picsfor

i'm gonna give it a look on wednesday - gotta follow Mrs B up to London whilst she and daught go mad in the shops.
I'm needed for donkey duty afterwards...
Could do with some reading material on the way home...

Graham

Quote from: ABERS on August 22, 2011, 06:42:38 PM
When you visit let me know and I'll lessen the expense by buying you a coffee or a  :beer:
:) :tup:

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Eileen

Interested to know how you like the exhibition Andrew. I want to go to see it sometime soon also.

picsfor

Will update you tomorrow night Eileen. once i'm back home.

Graham

Ok. So I've booked Tuesday off to come down to the Great Metrolopiss and see the Donny C pics.
  Better just have a look at train fares......HOW MUCH! I want to ride on it, not buy the bloody thing!
  £160.00 return from Derby. I'll go to the local station tomorrow and see what they can come up with. I don't care what time I have to leave home and as long as I'm back for bed time!
  Please don't say I have to go National Express!
                 Graham. :-\

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Oldboy

Quote from: Graham on August 24, 2011, 07:34:56 PM
  Ok. So I've booked Tuesday off to come down to the Great Metrolopiss and see the Donny C pics.
  Better just have a look at train fares......HOW MUCH! I want to ride on it, not buy the bloody thing!
  £160.00 return from Derby. I'll go to the local station tomorrow and see what they can come up with. I don't care what time I have to leave home and as long as I'm back for bed time!

If you go off peak it's only £58 return.  8)

Graham

Quote from: Oldboy on August 24, 2011, 11:13:17 PM
Quote from: Graham on August 24, 2011, 07:34:56 PM

If you go off peak it's only £58 return.  8)

That'll do nicely Oldboy....I'll be quoting you at the station latter today!
                 Graham. :tup:

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Hinfrance

I thought they had reduced off peak to lunchtimes :D

I just had a look at the return air fare from Bergerac to Stansted after the bank holiday - it was €69.98 return.  :legit:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

picsfor

OK, been to see the exhibition and held myself back to just 1 book purchase.

It is a thought provoking exhibition, and well worth a visit, It contains about 40 pics covering some landscape, east London circa 1970 and Berlin just before some testosterone loaded soldiers baiting each other caused some one to build a wall in 1961.

Fascinating stuff from a man who really has seen the worst man can inflict on fellow man.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.