• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 239
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 254
  • Total: 254
aliexpress
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Sunderland Wall Art is launched

Started by DigiDiva, March 06, 2014, 12:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiDiva

I have at last set up and launched my website. www.sunderlandwallart.com . It has been on my agenda for well over a year and at last it's done. It's only been 'up' since last night and I have already has a local tea room interested in 2 of my images and I am arranging a meet with the director.  Oh why did I leave it so long? It's still in the early stages, with more images to add, but I want to keep it quite limited and only select a small amount of images.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Sandy

A great website I enjoyed the images.

Sandy

ABERS

That's good news DD, how did they find your site?

Getting 'hits' on a regular basis I find very difficult. You've started in the right way by putting your web address on each forum post, so that will generate some interest but that won't last forever.

You can make a mailing list up of all your email contacts and announce its launch there and announce each addition to the site, that keeps people aware of it.

You seem keen to generate sales via the site, do you have the facility to track how many hits you have over time, that can be useful if you need to know what actions work and what actions are a waste of time.

I've had a Clikpic site for some years now and being a lazy git I have really left to its own devices. For the first 2-3 years I spent an inordinate amount of time pushing people towards it and then suddenly I realised that since I didn't sell pictures, what was I doing it for? :doh:

Sad as it may seem I was motivated by getting it visited by someone in every state in the US and eventually after someone in  Anchorage Alaska had a look I achieved my pathetic ambition.

Clikpic has some arrangement with Google that tracks hits and identifies them by country and town. Had a look just now and over the past calender month people from as far afield as Sao Paulo Brazil and Crawley West Sussex have popped in for a look.

Oh by the way my web address is at the bottom of this post :legit:

Graham

Just been for a snoop around DD (Can I call you DD?).
I like the minimalist styling, every picture seems to have earned it's place so you don't miss something interesting by having to trawl through a folder of also rans.
Quick to load as well. I have the attention span of a teenager when it comes to waiting for something to load.
                     I will get around to it one day.  Graham.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Oldboy

DigiDiva

Thanks for your support and advice. Will check out your website Abers - u r a talented photographer so will look whislt relaxing with wine this evening.

I emailed local cafe's and Deli's, including the link to my website, asking them if they would display some of my images for me. I'm hoping, after one person being interested, others will follow. I will try the same spreading my wings a little further affield.

I will really work on building a strong collection of images and pluck up courage to get the feelers out for a (dare I say) exhibition!!!!

donoreo

It looks nice.  It loads decently fast.   Abers has some good suggestions. 

Reinardina

A good start Chris; easy to navigate site. Good luck!

(Keep us informed.)

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Andrew

Just had a look at your site, and its simplicity is its selling point.

Looks as though you've thought through where you want to go with this site, and don't see why it can't work.
The down side to any web site is the constant need for attention. It needs something new added every now and again - as is often said - you only get out of a web site what you put in.

I'm not very good with Google Anylitics - did try once, but as with most things Google - it got deleted and consigned to the 'never to darken my doors' bin.
I do know that Abers site had a visit from Professional Photographer Magazine a short while ago - because I pointed them there  :tup: They were after a picture of a face that told a story or 'carried the story in their face' & let's be honest, if you can't find one of these in Abers collection, well you might as well give up. And that was pretty much what they said!

Anyway, back to you site - I hope it all goes well and wish you all the best. I have no doub that we look forward to hearing good things about its progress.

Who remembers the days of a couple of budding photographers called Tim Wallace and Jonathan Ryan who used to ask for feedback for their new sites?  ;)
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

DigiDiva

Jumping up an down with glee.....another local cafe, a latino themed one, is wanting to display my images too!

Jediboy

Sounds like it's got off to a very promising start. Good luck with it.  :tup:
May the Force be with you.

Chris

DigiDiva

I can't believe it to be honest! A few emails to local businesses and its a great start.

Reinardina

Well done Chris!

Now, remember, if the café's want you to pay for displaying/selling your images (after all, a gallery wants money for it too), you can counter that, by pointing out, you are offering them a regularly changing series of suitable, quality images to enhance their premises. Free of charge.

This knife should cut both ways.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

DigiDiva

I agree Reinardina - Im not paying them...they are getting free wall art and if they sell any they get a decent commission.

Oldboy

Quote from: Andrew on March 06, 2014, 08:10:34 PM
Who remembers the days of a couple of budding photographers called Tim Wallace and Jonathan Ryan who used to ask for feedback for their new sites?  ;)

Never heard of them!  ;)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.