• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 67
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 41
  • Total: 41
7ds
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What is it?

Started by Reinardina, February 21, 2017, 11:52:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reinardina

Still not back into active photography, but rummaging through the archives, trying to find an image with negative space, I came across this picture.

I haven't got a clue what it is. It was taken in Graz, Austria, and follows straight after some shots of a church.
They are the last images of that particular 'session, and I cannot remember what is is!

Does this remind you of something? Can you jog my memory?

It is NOT Alka Seltzer, and I do not think it was shot during a visit to an aquarium, as there should me more 'fishy' pictures present.

It is not an UFO either, or I would remember. (Unless they erased my memory of course.)

It must have been something that attracted my attention, and I think it will come back to me, if someone makes the right guess.

Any suggestions?

(Just put it on Flickr, and it was 'faved' almost before I finished uploading; do some people have apps that automatically 'fave' any new upload, regardless of quality or subject?)

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

StephenBatey

A reflection?

The bottom looks sharper than the top which suggests to me either a reflection with the object not shown, something very small (limited depth of field) or possibly an illuminated jellyfish.
Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

Beaux Reflets

I was going to suggest a light reflection in the Font water ( nudge into movement) or in a puddle.  :-\
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Reinardina

People on Flickr suggested a reflection, and as I am fascinated by reflections, it could well be. Probably not in a puddle, maybe on a car?
I cannot remember it at all, and should have deleted it, as it is so blurry, but I didn't. And now it drives me mad.

Oldboy

Looks like gas jets like from a central heating system?  :doh:

Reinardina

No definitely not gas jets. The picture was taken outside.

kerbside

Reinardina, is it a light source that has been zoomed to give the zoom/blur effect? just a thought either that or its just one of those pictures that you take themn merrily walking around and you do not realise that the camera has taken it.

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

jinky

Is it just me who can see "Happy" written in bottom part of it?

Alfonso_Frisk

Downloaded image, converted to greyscale and zoomed in many times.
Some strange and scary heads visible. :legit:
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Beaux Reflets

Oh yes; Collective Spirits caught up in the lens   ;)  :D  What else is photography than capturing the Light  :2funny:  :legit:

Or simply an inadvertent snap of some bright light peeping in through the lens  :tup:

Reinardina

Thank you all for your comments.
It was most definitely not an accidental picture; it must have caught my attention for some reason.

I am trying to 'reconstruct' my walk through Graz that day, and I have got the church and the sloping street 'back,' but coming across this reflection still eludes me.

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Reinardina on February 23, 2017, 08:34:52 AM
Thank you all for your comments.
It was most definitely not an accidental picture; it must have caught my attention for some reason.

I am trying to 'reconstruct' my walk through Graz that day, and I have got the church and the sloping street 'back,' but coming across this reflection still eludes me.

Did you stop for a coffee to rest &  :idea: reflect  ;) 
I quite often nudge the table & watch the shapes at play, created by the reflection of the kitchen light in my morning cuppa  :)

Reinardina

If we had stopped for refreshment, mine would have been a beer  :beer: but I don't think we did.

I have a very vague idea now, that it was a reflection in a parked car. It may come back, but I think I'd better move on, before it becomes an obsession.

DigiDiva

Gargoyles reflected in something? I can make out grotesque feef and maybe gargoyle faces
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Reinardina

Gargoyles tend to be high up, and this is at street level, but it must have been something different/strange, or I would not have photographed it.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.