• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 35
  • Total: 35
  • Google
parkcameras
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Did you ever own 1 of these

Started by 2Beers, August 04, 2013, 08:08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2Beers

Was at the Hillman Imp Club meet in Perth today celebrating 50 years of the IMP

IMP CLUB 50 by Alex 60d, on Flickr

My sons car which we call the clockwork orange

Hillman Imp by Alex 60d, on Flickr

can you imagine this one in hot pursuit

Peachy

We had a Hillman Imp van. It would go anywhere! A friend of ours has 34!
Twitter PeachLaneStudio
Facebook www.facebook.com/PeachLaneStudios

Gear: Nikon D300s, D90, D80, Canon G9 Lencarta studio flashes

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with mustard

Oldboy

Great photos and love the first, as the chap has got a Nikon camera!  :-*

Beaux Reflets

Yup, well a Sunbeam Stiletto with a racing short head and slope back - went like the wind  :2funny:    :dance: :legit:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

spinner

Love the Dunbartonshire Police car. Was born in Dumbarton. ;D
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Colin

I didn't but my wife had a white one as her car 35 years or so ago.

Hinfrance

No, but had a friend who had one in metallic gold. Lovely Coventry Climax motor.

One of those handsome chaps is me (not the girlie).
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

This weeks competition has changed to "Guess which one is Howard?" :-)
My money is on the guy in the blue jeans holding a pen(?) in the style of a cigarette to get that extra cool look, offset by the mullet  ;).
Please don`t turn this into a "photos of us in the 70`s though or I might have to find the shot of me in a rather fetching lilac budgie jacket with  maroon corded patch pockets and matching maroon corded trousers with pink patch pockets. Had a rather fetching lilac shirt with topstitched collar to match too. Wore them twice and then my dad started spouting comments that would be unacceptable today relating to questions about my manhood!  :-[
Nowadays I wear black, blue or green

ABERS

Back in the '70s I called on a well known TV rental firm  who ran a substantial fleet of these and hardly a week went by when without someone managing to turn one over, and eventually when it came to the day when the fleet manager turned turtle in one, they replaced the whole fleet with another make.

Now here's a fact for the petrol head anoraks. The Hillman Imp, up to a certain chassis number couldn't be fitted with radial tyres. Not because of handling or instability problems, because the extra deflection of a radial tyre reduced the distance from the rear light pod to the ground to below the legal limit of that distance.

Hinfrance

Quote from: jinky on August 05, 2013, 07:39:12 AM
This weeks competition has changed to "Guess which one is Howard?" :-)
My money is on the guy in the blue jeans holding a pen(?) in the style of a cigarette to get that extra cool look, offset by the mullet  ;).
Please don`t turn this into a "photos of us in the 70`s though or I might have to find the shot of me in a rather fetching lilac budgie jacket with  maroon corded patch pockets and matching maroon corded trousers with pink patch pockets. Had a rather fetching lilac shirt with topstitched collar to match too. Wore them twice and then my dad started spouting comments that would be unacceptable today relating to questions about my manhood!  :-[
Nowadays I wear black, blue or green

Give the man a cigar! Yep I am the lanky one with the ciggy. Haven't smoked for a long time now. Just drink instead. :beer: Of course, I still fit into the same size clothes . . .  ::)

The chap in the safari jacket I have lost touch with, the chap in the green strides is the owner of the golden wonder (Abers, amazed anyone could turn one over, Mike drives like an animal) who now lives in sunny Spain after a career as an officer in the RAF, the next is a lady who I have not heard from for a long long time, and lastly is one of my two best friends in the world, now living in South Africa and a very successful entrepreneur. The white car was my Morris 1300 which used almost as much oil as it did petrol.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

I claim my prize  :). I really thought it was a pen, forgetting that everyone was happy to have a ciggy in hand back then ( and again now it seems after 20 odd years of decline.)

Paul Montgomery

I had 2 of them. Technically speaking I'm still the owner of one - it was stolen, but i've still got the log-book. A very early one with pneumatic throttle it was ...

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.