• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 252
  • Total: 252
  • Bingbot
7ds
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jediboy

Quote from: Simple on October 21, 2018, 09:32:18 AM
I played around with one for a while. I was not impressed. It left a visible pattern on the picture with small apertures. Let me know if you have more success. I gave mine away as being useless. Cannot remember what make it was.

I bought it with video in mind but will let you know how I get on. It's just a cheap one with a view to getting a better one if needs be.
The replacement arrived today but still need to send the wrong one back.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Hinfrance

Lightroom. Took 8 goes to export the picture for this week's comp. Paid no attention whatsoever to the parameters I put in the export dialogue box, exported 23 pictures on two separate occasions. Had to delete my Camera Craniums preset and write another one. On the four occasions it did export the correct file it gave it weird names, not as set in the renaming box, and made it too big to upload. I know I have to have LR, but bl**dy hell does it p*ss me off. Going back to doing stuff like exporting in ACDSee to preserve what's left of my sanity.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Simple

I know where you coming from. It can be really annoying. For quick jobs I use "Faststone" http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm
Sorry not good with links. Very quick and reads all the RAW's of whatever you throw at it.

Hinfrance

I used to use Fastone too - very good little app.

I am trying to re-edit a picture from a while ago for my camera club meeting next week (actually now finished it). I have been waiting and waiting for LR to build the thumbnails, and still waiting as I type. So I opened ACDSee, located it, made a duplicate, ran it through ACDSee develop, sent it to On1 RAW to finish it off and exited both programmes. Meanwhile LR is still building thumbnails. It is beyond me how this ever got so popular - if it wasn't Adobe and linked to PS I doubt any sane person would buy it.

Update - just been told by LR that all the photos are missing - funny how ACDSee found them all  . . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Simple

If it takes ages for LR to build thumbnails it might be cured by the following. Goto library mode. select import, in Import screen, top right hand corner goto file handling. Select Build Previews - Minimal.
That might help??

Hinfrance

Thanks Simple. The problem is that LR uses a catalog rather than directly accessing the files like ACDSee does. It was a big folder and was on a different drive the last time I used it, so obviously LR couldn't find it. Just loaded a load of blank thumbnails. Manually syncing the folder did the job, but the problem remains that LR is not dynamic.

Hey ho, juts finished the file resizing etc in ACDSee, going to have a cup of tea now.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

anglefire

Dropped my 100-400 in america - left the zip undo on my rucksack and slung it on my shoulder and it fell out onto the hotel bedroom floor. Looked ok, but took some pictures yesterday and they aren't in focus at all. Bugger.

----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Hinfrance

Quote from: anglefire on November 01, 2018, 08:11:42 PM
Dropped my 100-400 in america - left the zip undo on my rucksack and slung it on my shoulder and it fell out onto the hotel bedroom floor. Looked ok, but took some pictures yesterday and they aren't in focus at all. Bugger.

:'( Sorry to hear that.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Oldboy

Sorry about that.  :'(

As you were on holiday it might be worth checking you holiday insurance, as it might cover personnel processions.  :tup:

anglefire

Its insured anyway Oldboy - but as ever has an excess of £100 from memory - I'll get it back to Canon with instructions to repair under £200 and to get back to me otherwise. I'll try and get it picked up tomorrow by UPS (I have a label from Canon CPS to get it collected) should only take a week or so to fix unless its really buggered. In which case the insurance and sort it.
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

jinky

Bummer! Done this a few times myself but always been near enough to the floor when dropping to save the worst. Hope insurance goes through ok

anglefire

Visible damage is none. Anyway, its on route to canon now - should arrive tomorrow - should be back early next week as I am a gold CPS member. (Get 10% off servicing and repairs and 3 working day turnaround) - and its free. Just need qualifying products.
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

StephenBatey

Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

anglefire

Lens arrived at Canon yesterday. Got a call today. Tomorrow I will be calling the insurers and we will really see how good they are! Estimate is £450  :o
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Alfonso_Frisk

Quote from: anglefire on November 07, 2018, 10:05:01 PM
Lens arrived at Canon yesterday. Got a call today. Tomorrow I will be calling the insurers and we will really see how good they are! Estimate is £450  :o
I've recently had both camera and lens repaired at cost to the insurer of nearly 800gbp. They were fine but the repairer (fixation) took 10 weeks to repair both. There supply of parts being the reason apparently. I'm just Joe Public so they were not going to rush my job.
Things seemed to speed up when I got in touch with Nikon direct asking about their lead times etc.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.