• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 284
  • Total: 284
  • Google
  • Bingbot
aliexpress
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

a first for my garden

Started by alan1572, June 22, 2011, 08:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan1572

got up this morning and spotted a woodpecker in my garden, just managed to get downstairs and put the 2oomm lens on and take a few snaps through my conservatory window before it flew off :tup:

Who wanted dry roasted with their pint?

hevans

amazing how regularly it's drilled the square holes in that metal cylinder that holds the peanuts! Truly a talented woodpecker/sheetmetalpecker.  ;D

H.

alan1572

krennon

Great shot Alan, a bird I've never managed to capture on sensor.....and considering that was taken through glass I think it's a pretty good shot....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

alan1572

certainly a good one to add to my garden list

Just Dave

Brilliant Alan,  hope to see more shots of him, Get a thick branch stand it upright, drill some holes in it and fill them with fat ball, you'll get some fab natural looking shots  :tup:

BTW having fat balls in nets or peanuts isnt a good thing especially this time of year if youngsters are feeding on them and get startled their legs can be come trapped in the nets
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

alan1572

Quote from: Just Dave on June 22, 2011, 09:37:32 AM
Brilliant Alan,  hope to see more shots of him, Get a thick branch stand it upright, drill some holes in it and fill them with fat ball, you'll get some fab natural looking shots  :tup:

BTW having fat balls in nets or peanuts isnt a good thing especially this time of year if youngsters are feeding on them and get startled their legs can be come trapped in the nets
mm

i will amend my feeding habits forth with

Oldboy

Well done and spotted.  :tup:

I wonder how many times it's been but you haven't seen them?  :doh:

Skhilled

Excellent! I've been tracking them around here since I got my canon and saw a few. Unfortunately they were either too far away or I did something stupid like using IS with the tripod. LOL
Nikon D3000
AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6.G VR
Nikkor 70-210mm f4-f5.6 AF Macro Zoom
AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6.G ED VR

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.