• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 61
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 39
  • Total: 39
aliexpress
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

terrorism

Started by nickt, January 26, 2010, 07:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

picsfor

Well i can improve on that.
I am sorry to say that i finally lost the plot and told said person to go away in an extremely rude fashion.

My crime? Taking pictures of pot holes down a rather remote country road in the vicinity of Twineham - which i think we can conclude is in the out backs of Sussex.
It was sooo remote that even the cattle approximately a mile away could be heard!

For my pic of the day challenge i thought i would do  a shot of a pot hole as they are being moaned about as much as the snow was.
Found said pot holes, parked car - composed shot and...
"Excuse me - can i ask what you're doing?"
"What do you think i'm doing? Go on - have a guess?"
"Well it looks like you're taking a photograph of a pot hole"
"So why did you stop to ask if you already know what i'm doing?"
"Are you from the council or Highways people?"
"No - what difference does it make, i'm performing a legitimate act under UK common and statute legislation"
"So you haven't asked permission!"

To which my reply was
"Go on f**k off and get a life - and stop hounding every person with a camera. Go on - f**k off"
"I've got your registration number i'm going to report you"
Click of the shutter with a 17mm wide angle "And i've got a picture of yours and of you - if any one comes knocking on my door i will be suing you for harassment now f**k off"

Shocked and disgusted the Range Rover drove off.

I'm sorry i have sullied the reputation of photographers but surely there has to be a line at which i can enjoy my past time!

happypaddler

:tup: Why not! Were all allowed bad days and to tell people to mind there own business. And if done in such a fashion - well perhaps said idiot won't bother asking another photographer such stupid questions!

jinky

Great isn`t it - have you got permission to take a picture of a hole in the public highway! Well done I say for standing your ground! ;)

spinner

What exactly, is the incidence of mental illness in the UK these days. Seems the more I read these anecdotes the more I think the asylums are full and you people are suffering a massive spill over.  :(
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Oldboy

Quote from: spinner on January 27, 2010, 12:26:38 AM
What exactly, is the incidence of mental illness in the UK these days. Seems the more I read these anecdotes the more I think the asylums are full and you people are suffering a massive spill over.  :(

They've closed most of the asylums to put them back in the communities.  :(

hevans

The asylums are where the sane are now kept. It's a matter of perspective, really.

Oldboy

Quote from: hevans on January 27, 2010, 10:20:17 AM

The asylums are where the sane are now kept. It's a matter of perspective, really.

:2funny: :2funny:

Malcolm1938

"So you haven't asked permission!"

Excuse me Hole in the Road - please may I take your photograph and if I do will you please sign a release form so that I can use your photograpgh for commercial purposes?

Not a question I can see a lot of point in asking but I would have been tempted to ask it in front of the twit.

FKA CannOffice
Too old to die young
Every day is a good day - if you wake up....

My Gallery

picsfor

Please, i have only just calmed down as i get ready to go out for my daily shot.
I'm thinking of doing Brighton Police Station where probably no one will even be bothered - and who knows may even get a rendition of...
Gilbert & Sullivans "A Policeman's lot is not a nappy one!"

Nemesis

Can't help but think a reply of "Yes" would have caused even more contention to the busybody...

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.