• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 21
  • Total: 21
aliexpress
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

QOTD October 26 - first camera

Started by spikeyjen, October 25, 2013, 10:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spikeyjen

what was the first camera you ever owned?

Mine was the old Kodak instamatic back when I was a younger lass than I am now. Would like to find another for keepsakes.
My next camera was an Olympus Trip 35, I thought I was just the best!!

DigiDiva

Was a Kodak Disc camera..the quality was absolutely pants
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

donoreo

My mom's old 126 camera.  It was as 4 years or so older than me. 

Hinfrance

My first film camera with my first digital camera:

And that really is my first ever film camera - I can be a bit of a hoarder  ;) I still have the case that came with it, but not the box, and I used the flash cubes and binned them.

My first SLR was a Zenit B, and I don't have that any more, although I did buy a similar if slightly later version of that (an E) at a car boot sale to put on my shelf. Sadly the shutter on that one is stuck so it can't be used. Most of my mates had Practika SLRs, but they were a premium camera in my neck of the woods and a bit too rich for me.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

ABERS

Can seem to remember a Box Brownie somewhere and a succession of popular Kodak mass produced things, mainly for family snaps and holiday pictures.

My first real camera was an Agfa Isolette, bellows and all, which I bought during my national service in Germany. I would still have it to this day but the miserable git of a customs officer at Harwich confiscated it when I didn't have the wherewithall to pay the duty he demanded when coming home on demob. Shortage of funds due to a heavy night on the Rieperbahn in Hamburg a couple of nights previous. ::)

Beaux Reflets

My first was a simple little box camera, a black cube with a fixed lens, winder and shoot button. My first SLR Zenith E and I had a second hand Polaroid which was handy for art projects provided the developing chemicals did not spoil.
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Reinardina

I started out, as a child, with my father's camera. (see below) From that one, I jumped to a semi automatic Minolta in my late teens, which I used till my sight failed and I couldn't focus anymore.

With the arrival of digital photography, I managed to get back into photography. Am now on my third digital camera.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

spikeyjen

I actually had an OM 20, but it was such a lemon

Jediboy

May the Force be with you.

Chris

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.