• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 61
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 40
  • Total: 40
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

New Sigma 50-200 £99-99p Test Shots (6)

Started by Just Dave, June 27, 2011, 07:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just Dave

Hi

I got the new Sigma 50-200mm f4-5.6 DC OS HSM, and it came the other day, had a play with it today, looks and feels good, OS is great, fast AF, and its ultra silent , well happy, fab value for £100, should been £180,got it from Jacobs Clicky Linky when I saw it at that price and went for it, Heres some test shots all hand held ISO 400, OS switched on, various apertures

F 5.6 @ 50mm

F 5.6 @ 200mm

F11  . @ 50mm

F11  . @ 200mm

F 16  . @ 50mm

F  16  . @ 200mm

Dave
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

greypoint

I got one of those in January for around the same price. It's a nice little lens - great value at that price. Just sold mine as I was able to get a cheap Pentax weatherproof model - and with all that rain I thought the weatherproofing would be m ore useful than the HSM ;D

Just Dave

Quote from: greypoint on June 27, 2011, 07:59:29 PM
I got one of those in January for around the same price. It's a nice little lens - great value at that price. Just sold mine as I was able to get a cheap Pentax weatherproof model - and with all that rain I thought the weatherproofing would be m ore useful than the HSM ;D

As far as I know only Jacobs have this lens at £99-99 every where else its £180 and always has been my mate got one from warehouse express,  in November his was £180

I find the OS brilliant been out with it again today, rock solid image stabilization, I think to find OS on a lens under $100 is brilliant

By weatherproof what does that mean shower proof or you can wash it under the tap  :2funny:
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

greypoint

I got mine from Park Cameras in their sale - they had Pentax fit for £89.99 - all other fittings were a lot more - perhaps they'd over ordered!Pentax wr lenses have seals to keep out rain/moisture and dust and specially treated glass. With their wr bodies it does at least mean you don't have to worry about being out in the rain. I used to love my old Olympus E-1 with 50-200 f2.8/3.5 - you really could use that in a downpour - people used to wash their E-1s in the shower - don't think I'd have risked that though  :dance:

Hinfrance

I have used all my Pentax bodies with the kit WR lens in appalling weather - all the bodies are weatherproof  too. I take my K10D with me when I go snowboarding, for some reason the CCD sensor gives brilliant colours in the mountain air. The sub zero temperatures and all  kinds of snow are no problem.

For we Pentax users the weatherproofing is more important than OS, because we have that built into the camera bodies - albeit dedicated lens OS systems are better, especially on long lenses.

All that said, you got a great deal there - as you say, OS for less than a ton has got to be good news :)  :dance:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Just Dave

Quote from: greypoint on June 27, 2011, 10:00:38 PM
I got mine from Park Cameras in their sale - they had Pentax fit for £89.99 - all other fittings were a lot more - perhaps they'd over ordered!Pentax wr lenses have seals to keep out rain/moisture and dust and specially treated glass. With their wr bodies it does at least mean you don't have to worry about being out in the rain. I used to love my old Olympus E-1 with 50-200 f2.8/3.5 - you really could use that in a downpour - people used to wash their E-1s in the shower - don't think I'd have risked that though  :dance:

Cool dont think Id like to try my 7D in a shower,  ;D  bet you could sell the 50-200 for more than you paid for it

Quote from: Hinfrance on June 28, 2011, 06:22:52 AM
All that said, you got a great deal there - as you say, OS for less than a ton has got to be good news :)  :dance:

Im pleased with it  :tup:

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Just Dave

Good stuff thanks fro the link, fab set of shots looks like a great little lens,

:2funny: No Howard  I wont

Hinfrance

Quote from: Just Dave on June 28, 2011, 05:54:55 PM
Good stuff thanks fro the link, fab set of shots looks like a great little lens,

Me neither :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Just Dave

Quote from: Hinfrance on June 28, 2011, 07:00:04 PM
Quote from: Just Dave on June 28, 2011, 05:54:55 PM

Me neither :)

:2funny:

greypoint

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmoskUtCnoY

This was the combo I used to have - never went this far but I did use it in a cloudburst  :knuppel2:  ;D

Beryl

Hmm. Niceone
I got a Nikon 70-300 55

He wanted £80. I said £50. We settled for £55  :dance:
A true friend is the best possession

My Web site
http://berylladd.com/
Oh . And thanks for looking in

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.