• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 117
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 114
  • Total: 114
  • Baidu
bhphotovideo
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

Poll for changing weekly competition (Was Just a Thought) - Please vote

Started by kerbside, July 07, 2014, 11:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you happy to allow images for the weekly competition to be taken at any point from the posting of the subject matter instead of having to wait until the Monday?

Yes
11 (100%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: July 13, 2014, 07:38:00 AM

kerbside

I know that the weekly competition is just that and dates for pictures to be taken are set from Monday after the winner is announced through to the following Sunday.

I have noticed that most, if not all entries come in on the Saturday or Sunday and some even as late as the Monday, competition closing day.

What are people's thoughts on being able to take pictures from when the new topic is set, this would give an extra weekend day (the Sunday after the new topic is set). I know for one that trying to fit in getting a picture for the competition through the week is tough and then weekends are normally taken up by, well other things.

This may also help with getting a few more entries.

Just a thought (don't shoot me) as this is how DCM use to run their comps and it seemed to work. :legit:

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Oldboy

The problem with that idea, is you would have two weekly competitions running on the same day. This could lead to confusion and may result in the wrong picture been submitted.  ???

jinky

We`ve actually done tha in the past and there wasn`t a problem. It only happened over a few weeks but we did in fact agree a while back that you could start as soon as the topic had been set. Don`t see a problem myself if it helps.It should not put undue pressure on the person who has to set it though. For example I didn`t even pick up it was me to set as runner up until the Monday this week so you would not have gained time. That said usually the theme is up on Sunday or even earlier at times.

kerbside

Jinky, just a case of if it is up then why wait until the Monday before you can take a pic, let's be fair if you are out and about once the topic has been set and see a subject that fits it would most prob: turn out to be a better picture than a rushed one taken on the following weekend.
Would like to think it may help others that have a tight schedule in their life. :)

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.

DigiDiva

Would help me somewhat to be fair
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Jediboy

I had thought about this recently too. I think it'd be a good idea.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Reinardina

I wouldn't have many problems; I'll probably manage to keep the different competitions/subjects separate.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

kerbside

ok, looks positive so who would have the last say on this??????????

donoreo

Quote from: kerbside on July 08, 2014, 10:10:15 PM
ok, looks positive so who would have the last say on this??????????
Perhaps a poll?  :tup:

DigiDiva

What a great idea. Jeff, Are you to do the honours as it was your suggestion?
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

kerbside

I will get a poll on this done tonight, hectic day today and we will see where it goes.

jinky

Jeff - hope you don`t mind. I`ve saved you a job as I had time and added a poll with the usual 4 day voting period on it. Seems clear to me  ;)

Reinardina

Quote from: jinky on July 09, 2014, 07:39:18 AM
Jeff - hope you don`t mind. I`ve saved you a job as I had time and added a poll with the usual 4 day voting period on it. Seems clear to me  ;)

Clever clogs!

Just voted and so far a 100% yes. (After two votes!)

Reinardina

jinky

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.