• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 129
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 135
  • Total: 135
  • Google
wex
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

Photo Comp on Facebook

Started by skellum, January 06, 2013, 05:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skellum

A supplier I use is running a comp to promote their Facebook page.  The one with the most likes wins their picture on a large canvas. plus other things.  I seem to be the only entry at the moment so I am sure others would be welcomed.  Just upload your pictures directly onto their page.  Here is the link   http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wideformat-Solutions-Ltd/193286430716303

Not big on facebook myself but I have recently got my own page running after suggestions from friends and customers. I suppose it will be handy for posting wedding pictures for quick previews.

Anyway if any of you out there are on facebook a quick ' Like' on my page would be appreciated.    http://www.facebook.com/LancashirePhotography      :tup:

Mick

Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Matthew

Cheers for the link Dave....I'm now your sparring partner...have entered too.. ;) ;D

Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Reinardina

Sorry boys, not willing to open a Facebook account, not even for you.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on January 06, 2013, 11:10:59 PM

Concur with Reinardina.  ???

skellum

Quote from: Reinardina on January 06, 2013, 11:10:59 PM

Not asking anyone to open a facebook account. Only anyone with one.  :)   Thanks Mick & Matthew   :tup:

Sarasocke

"Liked" you both, have to have a look at the comp.
I only have a "normal" page, I still have to set up one for sarasocke. If anyone should fancy befriending me, I'm there as Carol Schäfer (surprise suprise)
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

michaelb104

Also "Liked" you both..................... ???
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Matthew

Hmmm, I have my doubts about the fairness of the competition as the voting is by "likes".......So it could come down to a "whose got the most friends" competition. There is an entry on there, which without sounding rude, isn't really that good.......yet it's has more likes than either Daves or Myself..... ???
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

skellum

Quote from: highlandscenics on January 07, 2013, 04:59:38 PM
Hmmm, I have my doubts about the fairness of the competition as the voting is by "likes".......So it could come down to a "whose got the most friends" competition. There is an entry on there, which without sounding rude, isn't really that good.......yet it's has more likes than either Daves or Myself..... ???

I know what you mean Matthew so we had best get our friends involved. Which is what they want on their site anyway.

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Dave on January 07, 2013, 06:24:22 PM

I know what you mean Matthew so we had best get our friends involved. Which is what they want on their site anyway.

Are we allowed to vote on two  ;)
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Matthew

Yeah, plugged the site on my page. Ach I'm not too bothered about the outcome, just thought it funny how when there is basically money and a decent prize up for grabs, it comes down to a voting system that is open to abuse and unfairness. I havent got many mates on my page, so if you got a few going spare..... ;) :dance:

skellum

Quote from: highlandscenics on January 07, 2013, 07:09:20 PM

Yeah, plugged the site on my page. Ach I'm not too bothered about the outcome, just thought it funny how when there is basically money and a decent prize up for grabs, it comes down to a voting system that is open to abuse and unfairness. I havent got many mates on my page, so if you got a few going spare..... ;) :dance:

A few more on there now

jinky

Will try and find these and "like" them. I never enter competitions based on facebook "likes" from friends. being a billy no mates I would lose but also would not get much satisfaction out of winning when it is basically a promotional tool used by the company to harvest friends of yours  for a relatively low value prize. I expect your shots to be amongst the best and will vote accordingly but don`t worry if you don`t win as it will not be based on your ability.
I was glad to see my £200 prize arrive from Nikon for their Facebook comp. They have started adding general images to the post here:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.454946871221578.97068.215546175161650&type=1.

Just updated a load of snow shots to a current comp Nikon are running in their monthly newsletter from the last snowfall in Leeds. Some are better than this one but then again you never know what a judge is looking for.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.