• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 158
  • Total: 158
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

WEATHER : CHAT comp 8th - 15th March 2015

Started by Beaux Reflets, March 08, 2015, 07:39:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beaux Reflets

WEATHER

Chat away folks........  Weekly competition Sunday 8th March  to Sunday 15th March 2015

What should be another easy enough theme - whatever the weather  :tup:  YOUR BEST SHOT OF THE WEEK THAT DESCRIBES THE WEATHER.

Pictures often speak louder than words. A windswept scene, cracked earth below baking sun, someone soaking wet with their umbrella blown inside out. What is the weather like where you are?

All photos to be taken by midnight on Sunday 15th March.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 16th March 2015.
Poll will be up Tuesday 17th March 2015. 
Winner to be announced Saturday 21st  March  2015.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to:
Post a topic on, or before the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

DigiDiva

Great. Another theme that should attract a good few entries. Let's hope plenty join in.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

kerbside

Still on holiday in OZ. Flying back Friday this week and NOT looking forward to the temperatures in England. Not dropped below 25degC for the last month and was 30 today. Anyway in quickly with this as I will be travelling and will most prob: forget.
Hot, Hot Summer

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

spikeyjen

Had to laugh, Jeff, we've just spent a week in Churchill (northern Canada), where it was mostly -25deg each day (and that's during the day). Can't imagine showing any skin to the sun at the moment

jinky

Typical! I set myself the task of getting an interesting rain shot and the weather forecast changes and we have 3 days of blue skies and sun.  :doh:

Oldboy

Quote from: jinky on March 10, 2015, 06:36:23 PM
Typical! I set myself the task of getting an interesting rain shot and the weather forecast changes and we have 3 days of blue skies and sun.  :doh:

Where? Where? Where?  :doh:

jinky

David Blandford

Another day and still not managed to get a suitable weather shot !   :doh:
still trying to paint with light!!

Reinardina

Off to Holland tomorrow for a funeral. Will not take my netbook, so will not be on line much.

I know I have been saying this for the last three competitions or so, but this time, I really think I will not have an entry. Not even a last minute one.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

spikeyjen

sunny Quebec, not a storm cloud in sight, boring blue skies. will keep looking

Reinardina

People complaining about good weather! What has the world come to?

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Ken.

Quote from: spikeyjen on March 11, 2015, 10:52:46 PM
sunny Quebec, not a storm cloud in sight, boring blue skies. will keep looking

Quote from: Reinardina on March 12, 2015, 08:16:50 AM
People complaining about good weather! What has the world come to?

:2funny:

No complaints here in Tobaccoville... it's gonna be Sunshine and 60's today.  :tup:

Hinfrance

We have,  of course,  had weather all week: none of it, alas, photogenic.  It's like Mark Twain said, what you want is climate,  what you get is weather.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Oldboy

Quote from: Hinfrance on March 12, 2015, 05:10:37 PM
It's like Mark Twain said, what you want is climate,  what you get is weather.

Wether you like it or not!  :doh:

DigiDiva

I have a few ideas for this weekend but of course this is dependent upon the weather fitting the idea.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.