• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 76
  • Total: 76
aliexpress
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StephenBatey

When I came to the end of the first sentence, I genuinely thought that you'd been successful in making an appointment to see your doctor!
Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

anglefire

:2funny:

Well regarding our doctor - he recently retired (He's about 70) and has been my GP since I was about 14/15 so nearly 40 years. - and was always a pain to get and see and when you did get an appointment was a 2 hour wait on a good day.  Now he has retired and is only doing 2 days a week, he has merged with another practice and now there are more doctors and when the wife went recently it was next day and was on time  :tup:
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

SimonW

I had a very good doctor like your 40 years ago (when I didn't really need one). Fast forward to today, he has recently retired and the practice now has over 20 doctors. There's usually a wait of well over a week for an appointment which is restricted to ten minutes, and is usually with a doctor you've never met before. If you're lucky he or she has read your notes, in which case he/she will simply back up what the previous doctor said. It appears to very difficult to get a proper diagnosis and treatment for an ongoing and worsening condition.
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

anglefire

Had a good day in Saturday at Silverstone - put a couple of shots in my gallery.

Noisest cars on the day were the Porsches - the F1 cars were not too bad.

Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

David Blandford

Taking part in a group photoshoot at Fareham Studio, with Gracieuxlove as our model  mean yesterday was a good day!

:D
still trying to paint with light!!

Paul Montgomery

Speaking of photoshoots - did a 'studio primer' at Spitfire studio and really enjoyed it.

anglefire

Today and this time last week - both my kids have done well in their exams - one A levels and has got into Uni and the other one GCSE's and has got into 6th Form.  Dead chuffed :)
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

SimonW

According to yesterday's Telegraph, children who get high marks in exams will be cut in half.   That sounds a little harsh to me!
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Reinardina

Quote from: SimonW on August 25, 2017, 08:47:08 AM
According to yesterday's Telegraph, children who get high marks in exams will be cut in half.   That sounds a little harsh to me!

Oh dear. I missed the Telegraph yesterday, but I had noticed over the past year or so, that even they seemed to have got rid of proper editors.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

anglefire

It is harsh Simon  :uglystupid2:

One of my daughters friends got 9's in Maths, English Lit, and English Language - apparently one of 2000 kids in the country  :tup:
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Hinfrance

Well done to your offspring Mark - two years before our daughter does her baccalaureate. That's when we'll be a tad nervous.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Oldboy

Quote from: anglefire on August 24, 2017, 10:45:50 PM
Today and this time last week - both my kids have done well in their exams - one A levels and has got into Uni and the other one GCSE's and has got into 6th Form.  Dead chuffed :)

:tup: :tup: :beer:

Jediboy

Quote from: anglefire on August 25, 2017, 12:44:12 PM
It is harsh Simon  :uglystupid2:

One of my daughters friends got 9's in Maths, English Lit, and English Language - apparently one of 2000 kids in the country  :tup:

Good stuff. Well done to them.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Jediboy

The wife has been called in to work so I can play on my Playstation. Guilt free! :) :)
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Simple

I have recently received my father's old camera's. 2x  Nikkormat's  and have been shooting with them. Loved the results!
But I will not go back to darkroom in a hurry.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.