• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 193
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 134
  • Total: 134
7ds
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

E-bay, nearly got me again, well bang_boom_bust did.

Started by alan1572, September 21, 2008, 10:10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan1572

i just sold a scanner on ebay, i bought it brand new about 9 months ago but some how managed to lose the manual without useing the scanner, just after i bought the scanner my printer packed up so i bought an all in 1 thingy, when the auction was over i got an email from the buyer saying he would offer me £10 less than the winning bid and also would i throw in free postage, needless to say i told him to pay the full price plus postage.
Over the next 4-5 days he sent many emails so i got abit worried, i googled his name bang_boom_bust and it came up with a few hits, he has only been a member for 6 months and already his feedback is private, he left someone neg feedback for not sending out a phone when in fact bang_boom_bust hadn't even paid for it, he also left another neg because the sell refused to lower the price even after bang_boom_bust had won it. Any-hoo iposted it off first class and the next day i had neg feedback saying the scanner was cracked and was clearly 2nd hand, paypal emailed m and told me they had suspended the money he paid as he had requested a refund of £70 (half the money). i told paypal i was quite happy for bang_boom_bust to send the item back for a full refund, he didn't want this as the scanner was clearly not cracked...he just wanted it half price. Justice was done when i got an email from paypal saying the dispute is closed as the buyer has dropped the request for £70.
The buyer is a total scam artist so watch out for his name. The worst of it is the neg feedback he left me which ebay won't remove.
rant over
Who wanted dry roasted with their pint?

Mick

Phew, that was a close one Alan.  :tup:

Haven't actually bought or sold anything on Ebay myself, these horror stories just make me more resistant to do so.  ;)
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Alfonso_Frisk

Quote from: admin on September 21, 2008, 10:38:54 AM
Phew, that was a close one Alan.  :tup:

Haven't actually bought or sold anything on Ebay myself, these horror stories just make me more resistant to do so.  ;)

I have used E-Bay and never will.
Read far too many posts like this one and a lot even worse.
If I had some gear to sell I would try on here first or via my contacts at other forums etc.
I got my tripod,monopod filters and a couple of lenses from fellow forum members.
That way at least you might also be helping out another member without the risk of being scammed.
RR
Alf
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

alan1572

Colin

I have bought and sold over 200 items off eBay in the last 4/5 years. I only ever had a problem with one item which was sold and new but was clearly s/h. The seller admitted to eBay /Paypal that it was s/h so not as advertised and I got all my money back (£50).

I have had lots of good deals on there so don't dismiss it out of hand.

As usual bad news travels fast and wide and people who have trouble free purchases / sales never seem to publish the fact.

alan1572

i have sold/bought 791 items with only 2 idiots but those 2 stick in my throat as neg feedback when neither should have been, the first one about 3 weeks ago left neg because it took me 14 days to post due to bad planning when i placed the listing without thinking, i was on holiday 2 days before the listing ended, i emailed the byer from spain and they said no problem post it when you get home, i get home to find neg feedback because they hadn't got the item yet. >:(

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.