• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 61
  • Total: 61
  • Google (2)
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Poll - 'SCAPE-Weekly Comp 19-26 April

Started by DigiDiva, April 28, 2015, 05:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Please vote for your favourite 'Scape

Deconstructed Landscape

2 (15.4%)
Yosemite Reflections

5 (38.5%)
The Field

2 (15.4%)
Seascape to Wales

4 (30.8%)
Run Of The Mill

0 (0%)
La Geria Vineyards, Lanzarote

0 (0%)
Woodscape

0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: May 02, 2015, 05:56:10 PM

jinky

Quote from: ABERS on May 03, 2015, 10:32:41 PM
Nobody entered an urban or city scape, everybody's mind set on the wide open spaces.

I did one featuring our Leeds dalek ( Bridgewater Place structure complete with neon lights around the top that is so well designed  that they have to close the roads around it on a windy day after a tragic death  when a lorry blew over onto a poor guy a few years back). In bright light and blue skies it just didn`t appeal to me though so went for the deconstructed effort. You should have put one in Abers.

ABERS

It just crossed my mind that landscape immediately conjures up wide open vistas in the mind. I'm no different, and if you're out in the countryside why not?

Hinfrance

Quote from: ABERS on May 04, 2015, 08:11:40 AM
It just crossed my mind that landscape immediately conjures up wide open vistas in the mind. I'm no different, and if you're out in the countryside why not?

Middle of chuffing nowhere it seems sometimes!
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

DigiDiva

Quote from: jinky on May 03, 2015, 07:02:32 PM
A few pennorth from me.

6. Lanzarote Vineyards - was so looking forward to seeing this image as I`d messaged you saying to look out for them. I think the placement of the building dead centre and the lines taking you out of the frame just left it cluttered. Needs a little contrast punch to show that black ash spoil I feel.

I had so many to choose from and I obviously chose badly. This was my hubby's choice and I regretted it almost immediately. I had lots o colourful images including the salt flats, mirador del rio and laguna verde. He ho, will pick myself next time.

Here's my comments:

Deconstructed Landscape. I nice 'outside the box' image but not really what I had in mind when setting the theme however I did like it.

Yosemite Reflections. A deserved winner, spot on and just what I had hoped to see. Well done.

The Field. Got my vote. Loved the retro feel to this one and the composition.

Seascape To Wales - The bend in the trees really gave this image character. This was my 2nd favourite image.

Run Of The Mill. Was a little too run of the mill for me. Sorry.

Woodscape. I think this could have benefitted from different lighting, maybe catching some rays through the trees at sunup/sundown. Would have given it a more haunting feel.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Reinardina

I had seen something about it in the past, possibly in the DCM days. I remember I had a go at it and never got anywhere.

By the way, I am 'AN Other' and voted for this deconstructed landscape.

Congratulations on the win Jen, a classic landscape. And yet again, I did not see the tree, till someone pointed it out. I'm not sure I'll ever learn to 'see' a photograph in its entirety. I often blank out things that shouldn't be there, and only see what I am meant to see.

I took a city scape while on my way to Elsewhere, but never got round to entering it. In a way it is the opposite of Jinky's deconstructed landscape: A construction City Scape.

This is it:

Now that I see it on the page, I realise it is still a bit wonky. Of course I did not see that on my screen!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

jinky

And thanks to you then Reinardina. Don`t think yours is shot wonky - just distorted perspective because of focal length I think. Nice to try something different

Reinardina

The left hand side is not quite straight. I should have cropped a bit off that side to hide it.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.