• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 63
  • Total: 63
parkcameras
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Dark sports photography (IMHO)

Started by magicrhodes, October 07, 2009, 11:06:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magicrhodes

To add to the Wedding and, frankly bizarre, tots photos... here are some pictures of a hill climb. Please see my post on things to do this weekend.... r.e. Monsall Head

http://www.bikeradar.com/gallery/article/images-of-pain-23504?img=2&pn=images-of-pain&mlc=blogs%2Fbikeradar

I can only think of Tony Greig, the former England Cricket captain and say "It's all get viry viry dawk!"

picsfor

A tad dark, bet they weren't taken with a D3...

minky_monkey

A think they`re a cracking set, a range of different aspects of the sport, all capturing something individual.

Jonathan

Now I got told off once for making fun of the pics on BikeRadar (disclaimer: I used to shoot for one of their rivals until I was replaced by somebody cheaper).

I actually like those shots though most of them could have done with a bit of fill flash.

As for being shot on a D3....you know D3s can underexpose too, right?  Trust me, they can.......
It's Guest's round

picsfor

I have no doubt that a D3 is capable of underexposing but my point was - it is generally considered as the low light king - hence my comment.

Only a few of the shots were of any value to me - those of the riders taken from ground level looking up - and as Jonathan says, could have used a bit of fill in flash.
A bit of iso 1600 or 3200 wouldn't have gone amiss either.

The rest i was unimpressed with and failed to capture anything of any atmosphere or use.

A bit like a certain wedding shoot for me those pictures.

And some one was paid to take them?

Jonathan

Quote from: picsfor on October 07, 2009, 04:18:02 PM
I have no doubt that a D3 is capable of underexposing but my point was - it is generally considered as the low light king - hence my comment.

Nah - that ain't low light.  This is low light

(D100 IIRC downhill racing in pitch dark -only light is mine and his.  I practised for 3 days to do this safely)

QuoteAnd some one was paid to take them?

Probably not.  Future are notoriously mean/short of cash. ;)
It's Guest's round

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.