• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 153
  • Total: 153
photobox
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

camera....all gone.

Started by alan1572, May 27, 2010, 09:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan1572

i wonder how long it would take to check every online photo....better set aside a couple of hours >:(
Who wanted dry roasted with their pint?

alan1572

Quote from: admin on May 28, 2010, 10:00:00 AM
Terrible news Alan.  I hope you get this sorted out soon.

Do these digital cameras actually embed the serial numbers in the files somewhere so you can trace them if uploaded to the web.  If not they should.

can you tell me how to fine the embedded serial number?

Jonathan

Quote from: alan1572 on July 12, 2010, 10:57:08 AM
can you tell me how to fine the embedded serial number?

It's buried in the exif.

If you have Lightroom then in the Library module, scroll down to the metadata section and choose "Exif".  If you have Photoshop open the file, hit file info and look in the "raw data" tab.  It's in XML but it's easy to read.

If you have neither then get a decent Exif reader.
It's Guest's round

anglefire

For windows, you'd be hard pressed to improve on opanda's iexif for IE - they do a freeware version, which would be fine for your purposes.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

alan1572

picsfor

if you've got Photoshop - then you've got Bridge, and that shows the information you want.

alan1572

so i can open up any photo on the web and check?......doesn't bare thinking about

Graham

Quote from: alan1572 on July 15, 2010, 12:17:44 PM
so i can open up any photo on the web and check?......doesn't bare thinking about
I'm not really qualified to answer this but I believe it depends on how the pic is prepared for the web.
        I understand that most auto resizing systems (Or whatever they'er called :-[) strip out most of the data. Iv'e just downloaded a pic out of my own gallery, opened it in Bridge and can see my camera serial number, but then I resize my pics manually.
        I downloaded one of yours, opened it and there is very little info available.
        I would be very interested to know if my assumption is correct.
                      Graham.

PS  Iv'e deleted your pic of my hard drive.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

alan1572

Quote from: Graham on July 15, 2010, 05:12:26 PM
Quote from: alan1572 on July 15, 2010, 12:17:44 PM

PS  Iv'e deleted your pic of my hard drive.
it would have only been wasting space ;D

Malcolm1938

Just as a matter of interest did the insurance ever say OK.

Malcolm
FKA CannOffice
Too old to die young
Every day is a good day - if you wake up....

My Gallery

alan1572

they have accepted that i owned it (nice of them) but are dragging their feet and i have no idea when they will send a replacement

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.