• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 102
  • Total: 102
  • Baidu
wex
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Chat thread for weekly comp: 16th to 22nd July: B&W but not monochrome

Started by Delamanda, July 15, 2012, 10:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beaux Reflets

Very striking imagery Alan. The lens certainly strikes a chord with the vanishing curves  ;) to create a superb composition. If it was my turn in looking for an IOTW, I think I would struggle to find one to compete  :tup:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

irv_b

That's absolutely stunning Abers. Everything is bang on right down to the lady dressed in black :tup:
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

SimonW

Oh Dear!

I mentioned on Monday that I'd already taken a shot within an hour or so of knowing the subject but wouldn't post in in case I got a better opportunity.
This was it.

And of course Reinardina's beaten me to it by entering a similar subject, so I'll need to think again....
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Reinardina

Why? If Alan is not entering, we all stand a chance.
Might end up as the battle of the cows.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

jinky

Great shot Alan. You`ve still got that fisheye going then. Lovely result.

DigiDiva

Quote from: Reinardina on July 21, 2012, 08:24:59 AM
Why? If Alan is not entering, we all stand a chance.
Might end up as the battle of the cows.

*Zips her mouth up*......haha
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

DigiDiva

OK, this is mine....

Black, White & Read!

Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Beaux Reflets

Hard to find something truly White, but for perhaps the highlight caught in the new boots and old Snowy's fur.

:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

jinky

Had this one in mind at the weekend when shooting a wedding. Black and white bridal wear and a newspaper - I think it qualifies. Nearly called it black, white and read but saw I`d been beaten to that title.

Had great fun at the wedding but so busy and my bones ached later. Was wearing my new DR1 Black Rapid strap gunslinger style with a camera at each hip. I`m sure I looked a plonker but it did the job and really spread the weight of the gear around me and I did not knock them off the wall once!

Sarasocke

Alan, excellent photo! I sympathize with you carrying your NEX around most of the time, I find myself with my G3 doing the same. I rather like these mirrorless gizmos, could be improved on for running dogs though...

Paul, I'm sure you looked nothing of the sort! After seeing Irv's camera strap in March I ordered a Grand Rapid too. Sent it back though. The D700 + large lense was just too much dangling around my side. I prefer having it in front of me or in my hand. Or I take the G3  :dance:

Anyhoo, my entry for black and white but not monochrome is our little black and white cat, Lucy. Now 17 years old, but still very fit.

Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Reinardina

Not a Cattle Battle, but definitely something of a Carnaval des Animaux.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

irv_b

I was a group pin-up girls themed shoot on saturday and quite luckily this girls outfit fitted the bill
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.