• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 284
  • Total: 284
  • Google
  • Bingbot
bhphotovideo
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hybridphotog

Wbmt?

I updated my weblog, for the first time in at least two months... and nearly ran out of stuff to say. :(

anglefire

Quote from: Hybridphotog on October 21, 2009, 04:12:26 PM
Wbmt?

I updated my weblog, for the first time in at least two months... and nearly ran out of stuff to say. :(

Least it was only nearly!
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Hinfrance

I entered a competition run by a local bank. Didn't win or place, but hey, it's always worth a try and you never know.

Now there were some very good entries, but  . . .

Have a look at this http://www.whyilovefrance.com/ - hit the 'click to see the winners' text. But make sure you are sitting down first. And you don't have a cup of coffee close to your mouth that you might choke on or spit onto the keyboard/screen with the shock.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

bones615

Quote from: Tringle WP on October 22, 2009, 10:19:14 AM
I entered a competition run by a local bank. Didn't win or place, but hey, it's always worth a try and you never know.

Now there were some very good entries, but  . . .

Have a look at this http://www.whyilovefrance.com/ - hit the 'click to see the winners' text. But make sure you are sitting down first. And you don't have a cup of coffee close to your mouth that you might choke on or spit onto the keyboard/screen with the shock.

The first one was quite appealing in a cutesy way but the other 2 are awful, dont see the relevance to france in the 3rd one.

Hinfrance

It was always going to be a lottery . .  ;D
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Simple

It clearly shows that any competition is as good as the judges. It certainly bemused me.

picsfor

OK, this may not strike an amusing chord with some but...

Today saw the Brighton and Hove Estate Agents Association run a 10k marathon to raise money.
After standing around what i thought was the finish line (or route according to the signs) i struggled to get any pictures.

Lack of Estate Agents or Lack of Charity towards Estate Agents?

Any one in the vicinity please feel free to put me right!

greypoint

A letter in the local paper from someone bemused. The council in Corby a few miles up the road from here have sorted out the insurance needed to allow pedalos to once more be available on the town's boating lake. They also need to make sure the extra activity and boating won't have a detrimental effect on and disturb the wildlife, the swans, cygnets and ducks etc. ...that done, to celebrate, they'll have a large firework display at the lake......which will presumably scatter all the wildlife........ :o

magicrhodes

Quote from: picsfor on October 25, 2009, 04:29:25 PM
Lack of Estate Agents or Lack of Charity towards Estate Agents?

Any one in the vicinity please feel free to put me right!

Having just bought a house all I can suggest is that it was to keep them fit enough to runaway from vendors and and vendees! I'd have thought they got enough exercise pushing their luck!  :legit:

Sarasocke

@ Howard - was the competition one of these things where anyone with an e-mail address can vote ? I entered a couple of comps run by Pixum.de but soon realised that the winners either had a trillion freebee mail addis or lots of relatives. After a completely out of focus picture of a Jack Russel won, I think the theme was Autumn, I gave up  :legit:
Joined DCM/CC/flickr instead :) I don't win here either, but at least the competition is excellent  ;)
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Hinfrance

Quote from: Sarasocke on October 29, 2009, 09:49:50 AM
@ Howard - was the competition one of these things where anyone with an e-mail address can vote ? I entered a couple of comps run by Pixum.de but soon realised that the winners either had a trillion freebee mail addis or lots of relatives. After a completely out of focus picture of a Jack Russel won, I think the theme was Autumn, I gave up  :legit:
Joined DCM/CC/flickr instead :) I don't win here either, but at least the competition is excellent  ;)

It wasn't a public vote thing - The judges were three bank employees. Judging by the winners I say they were the part time cleaner, one of the computers and the office cat.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Sarasocke

Quote from: Tringle WP on October 29, 2009, 10:24:31 AM

It wasn't a public vote thing - The judges were three bank employees. Judging by the winners I say they were the part time cleaner, one of the computers and the office cat.

or all related to one another  :o
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

nickt

Quote from: Tringle WP on October 29, 2009, 10:24:31 AM
Quote from: Sarasocke on October 29, 2009, 09:49:50 AM

Whoever it was, they were certainly taking the p!@s. Judging by the first photo/video, maybe it was a competition for who can do the worst photoshop work!

Nick

jinky

Great laugh H - your`s must have been really bad to get beaten by those  ;) :D

Amazing isn`t it why did they bother? 1,2 and 3 all appalling. I mean did 1 take all elements of theirs?

Hinfrance

Absolutely right jinky, I really need to pull my socks up and no mistale  :D
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.