• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 29
  • Total: 29
wex
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

CS5 ACR doesn't recognise my RAW files and DNG converter can't find any images

Started by Sarasocke, March 29, 2014, 05:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarasocke

Bought myself a nifty new little compact - a Sony RX100 II. One of the reasons I choose this was cos it takes snaps in RAW.

I have CS5 and ACR can't handle the files. According to all the Adobe help bumpf I need version 7.2 and I have 6.7 with no more updates available. So further on the the help bumpf I'm told to download the DNG converter and convert everything to DNG to be able to use in ACR.
DNG converter downloaded, but it can't fine any data in the file.

Adobe suggest as an alternative getting a new version of PS.  :legit:

Aven Faststone can read the raw files! It won't convert to DNG though.

Anyone any ideas?
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Mick

If your using a mac, then try RPP http://www.raw-photo-processor.com I know that supports the Sony RX100.  If you're running windows, then I haven't a clue atm, sorry.
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Sarasocke

Thanks Mick, I am using Windows unfortunately.

I don't understand why the Adpbe DNG converter won't work. Just out of interest it doesn't find any files, not even those I took with the good old Nikon.
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

donoreo

The DNG converter should see files, especially the old ones.  However DNG converter since 8.2 has supported that camera. Try uninstalling and reinstall? 

Sarasocke

I'll have another go at it tomorrow. Right now it's making me dizzy and the couch is calling anyway.

I'll delete the programme and install again tomorrow.

Thanks for the help!
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Sarasocke

Deleted and reinstalled the converter and it worked!
I thought I was going to have to send the camera back  :-\

The 4th shot taken

happyhappyhappy  :dance:
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

donoreo

Great news.  Something must have not installed properly the first time.  I know it is an annoying extra step to go to DNG first but at least the converter is free and works. 

Oldboy

Well done Carol. Does happy, happy, happy refer to you or the dog?  :-*

Sarasocke

Well, Tati is happy most of the time, but it actually referred to me :)
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.