• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 51
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 47
  • Total: 47
photobox
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

FOCUS STACKING Tutorial

Started by GOLDENORFE, October 24, 2010, 03:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

Phil, I've ported this tutorial to a site article. http://cameracraniums.com/forum/index.php?page=Focus_stack

It can be found by clicking the "Article Index" down the L/H side of the home page.  Had to shrink the pics slightly, hope you don't mind.  ;)
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

eysha

After reading about stacking i downloaded that programme, but how to use it is a different matter. ???

After seeing the photos here i am off to cry. :'( :'( :'(

Can this be done without a DSLR?  I have a Panny FZ38 and still learning - well trying anyway.

Why can't i get good shots???????????

Please visit my site at
www.ThekavanaghCollection.co.uk

Oldboy

Quote from: eysha on May 14, 2012, 02:51:05 PM
After reading about stacking i downloaded that programme, but how to use it is a different matter. ???

After seeing the photos here i am off to cry. :'( :'( :'(

Can this be done without a DSLR?  I have a Panny FZ38 and still learning - well trying anyway.

Why can't i get good shots???????????

Doesn't matter what camera you've got, but you do need to mount it so it stays in the same position for all the photos.  8)

eysha

Well i do have a tripod but i am trying to learn about the the F-stop, Shutter speed and ISO to work them together and try to understand them, but i am not winning, lol. :-[
Please visit my site at
www.ThekavanaghCollection.co.uk

hssutton

Designed mainly as a wired remote with almost full control of the camera, but for me it's a fantastic aid for macro & photo stacking. The DSLR Controller for Android Phones

I've been playing with this 'App' on my Galaxy 111 Android phone. The flower is a 6 image stack. I initially set the camera on the tripod and set the focus on the back edge of the far petal the next 5 shots (focus steps) were totally controlled from my phone.

My apologies for the poor photo, but I set this up on my computer desk and just fired away with one flashgun. The DLSR Controller App offers control over ISO, Aperture. Shutter Speed. Program mode + of course focus. Although still in Beta it's very stable and costs just £5.94. At the moment it's only compatable with the later Canons.

Harry

bones615

I have had a go at this before with mixed results, after reading a bit about stacking on the net decided to have another go. One problem no rail so being impatient and a bit tight i converted my tile cutter and my first test seems to have worked.

Oldboy

Well done Bones for a bit of lateral thinking.  :tup:

JaneM

A great tutorial, I have never tried stacking so will give this a go  :)

Oldboy

Quote from: JaneM on April 29, 2014, 02:14:57 PM
A great tutorial, I have never tried stacking so will give this a go  :)
If you want the guru on photo stacking then Google Lord V. It will give you all the info you need and how to do it.  :tup:

JaneM

Thanks Oldboy I will have a look  :tup:

bones615

Bought myself a focus rail, found a fly with duff wings but he still had legs which cocked up most stacks.

bones615

Still playing, amazed myself with the detail recorded in the crop image. About 8 images stacked.

Reinardina

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Jediboy

May the Force be with you.

Chris

JaneM

I agree...WOW was what I said out loud when I saw this image! Nice one  :tup:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.