• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 137
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 139
  • Total: 139
parkcameras
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

CD/DVD Burning Applications

Started by Forseti, March 26, 2010, 09:05:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forseti

Currently I have Nero 7 installed on my PC (with original CD) but after one or two issues (conflicts with other applications able to burn DVD's such as Sony Vegas which I use for editing/burning movies, which may or may not be related to Nero) I am wondering whether or not to install it again when I install Windows 7. Can anyone recommend a burning application, free or otherwise, that I should consider as an alternative to Nero? The truth be known, I rarely use Nero anyway, and when I do it's generally only for copying CD's/DVD's.
Canon 7D,  Canon SX1 IS, EF100 f/2.8 USM Macro, EF70-200 f/4 L IS USM, EF17-40 f/4 L USM, Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM, Canon Speedlite 580EX MkII

"Everyone can take a great picture with digital, the knack is to take two" - David Bailey

jimthetrain

I have roxio on the laptop and find it ok for dvds but tempremental for cds.Nero used to be great apart from the conflicting issues. A small program called convertXtodvd has a built in burner that has never let me down. A site called videohelp.com has nearly every burning and converting tool you can ever need (via other links) and all the guides to use them as well.
BOOZE!!! Helping ugly people have sex.

Hinfrance

I removed Nero ages ago and now only have Img Burn installed. Does everything I need. I did make a donation :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Oldboy

Windows has a burning option built-in, so you could use that instead of Nero.  ;D

stevebedder

I used to have Nero but found it to be tempramental when burning DVD & CD, I never found out what it was down to but switched over to Roxio a few years ago and have not had many (if any) problems.

HTH

Steve

spinner

I use a program called Deepburner used it for years now, no issues. It's free, unless you want the Pro version, loaded with extra features so they say can't imagine what else.  :)
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Forseti

OK thanks for all the info which has been noted and which I shall investigate further once I've got all the rest of my applications installed on W7. Right then - back to it.  >:(
Canon 7D,  Canon SX1 IS, EF100 f/2.8 USM Macro, EF70-200 f/4 L IS USM, EF17-40 f/4 L USM, Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM, Canon Speedlite 580EX MkII

"Everyone can take a great picture with digital, the knack is to take two" - David Bailey

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.