• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 98
  • Total: 98
Wish
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

CHAT Thread for weekly competition "Autumn Gold" 28th October - 4th November

Started by kerbside, October 27, 2013, 10:40:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerbside

This week's theme is Autumn Gold

Any interpretation of the theme will be accepted from a glass of Cider to the bullion under your bed, leaves and trees accepted.

No restrictions on Post Processing. I think this offers possibilities in all sorts of 'photo styles and does not restrict anyone wherever they are in the world. If you choose an Autumn scene NO Reds or Oranges please.

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 28th October 2013 to 23:59 Sunday 3rd November 2013.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 4th November 2013.
Poll will be up Tuesday 5th November 2013.
Winner to be announced Saturday 9th November. 2013.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc.)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night.

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Reinardina

If you go for a landscape, or trees in general, it may be difficult to avoid red and orange altogether.

With the weather forecast (for GB) as it is, the leaves, and even the trees, may be all on the ground by Monday afternoon, which will make it easier to get some golden stuff together.

I hope I'll manage an entry this time. Depends on the circumstances.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

DigiDiva

Autumn with no reds or oranges could be difficult..Autumn means reds and oranges, including the low sun. It also means the harvesting of apples, which usually means reds  in there somewhere. However, I do have an idea.

Isn't a glass of cider orange?

Hmmmmm interesting that you are challenging us, I like it! Very much.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

kerbside

As long as the major colour is gold/yellowish i will be happy. Went to Westonbirt Arboretum and you can get golden yellows as your main colour, anyway as said, anything Golden (thats the get out clause), could be your Grandmothers wedding ring, just titled it Autumn Gold as it is the end of Autumn.
Chris Cider down here can be anything from a shade of yellow to greenish to Orange, not sure about op north.
Have Fun. :legit: 

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.

Oldboy

Look out for Beech tree leaves, as they go golden before they drop.  :tup:

spikeyjen

Mmmm bit of a tough one over here... might have to stick withe word GOLD rather than the AUTUMN.
thinking cap on......

kerbside

Spikeyjen, that's why I gave the alternative as Gold, I think after tonight as there is ment to be a large storm coming from the West the only thing around here will be gold rings etc: would think all the leaves will be long gone.
As said anything Golden is fine.

Hinfrance

I feel for you Jeff - you seem to be having a lot of trouble getting a simple concept across  ::)

Now, where did I put that survival blanket that some charity or other sent to me with a free pen . . . ?
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

kerbside

Quote from: Hinfrance on October 28, 2013, 07:44:22 AM
I feel for you Jeff - you seem to be having a lot of trouble getting a simple concept across  ::)

Now, where did I put that survival blanket that some charity or other sent to me with a free pen . . . ?

Yep, looks like that, if you can get a picture of Autumn colours IN GOLD then fine :tup: if not ANYTHING ELSE GOLDEN, Simple or is it me. :-\

spikeyjen

Looking out the window last night and this was the color just before sunset. It's spring here so I can't claim 'Autumn Gold' but the light was golden

kerbside

spikeyjen, now that's the sort of picture that you can get instead of a leaf thing, liking this.

kerbside

Hinfrance

I've got a plan, and another plan if that one doesn't work. won't be posting until Monday though - too busy to edit it tomorrow.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Having spent half the day trekking to and from hospital the last fortnight (then you do realise how handy a driving licence is), I did not get much chance of taking photographs, even though I did have my camera with me at times.

So, this might have been my entry:

Room with no view.

I thought this a bit too stark, with no real focal point, so I collected some leaves when I got off the bus one evening, and played with one of those. I managed to get this 'Goldleaf.'

Thank goodness, hubby was discharged yesterday and, good wife that I am, I abandoned him for a few hours and went to see the interactive digital light show 'Strange Attractors.' It rained of course, and I 'caught' this couple sheltering under a golden fringed tree.

So this 'Natural Umbrella' is my entry.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Matthew

Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.