• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 139
  • Total: 139
  • Google
  • Bingbot
7ds
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

CHAT Thread for weekly competition "Autumn Gold" 28th October - 4th November

Started by kerbside, October 27, 2013, 10:40:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiDiva

I think I have an entry from my one time out with camera, on Monday. It won't be a strong contender but it will make up the numbers
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

michaelb104

Sorry no entry from me this weekend, I just have not had time to take my camera out of its bag. 

The entries so far are going to make it difficult deciding on where to place my vote!!
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Reinardina

Quote from: Matthew on November 03, 2013, 04:35:38 PM
I'm in, thanks Reinardina for the heads up  :tup:

That's great Matthew.
Now you only have to convince your fellow camera club members to join CC and enter too.

It'll give you something else to talk about at club meetings.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Reinardina

Quote from: DigiDiva on November 03, 2013, 06:35:09 PM
I think I have an entry from my one time out with camera, on Monday. It won't be a strong contender but it will make up the numbers

Chris, don't be put off entering a still life, if that was what you were planning.
They're bl**dy good and attractive, don't be stopped by my earlier remarks.

Do your own thing!

DigiDiva

Thanks Reinardina but I hadn't planned on a still life for this theme. I went out to my local park and got some lovely autumn shots, just most had reds and oranges in. I had an idea for a b&w conversion but when I tried my idea it lost its impact. I just need to do a little post processing then will enter it tomorrow.

SimonW

I went out and took a few autumn shots early in the week, reds, browns and rather more greens than I expected or wanted - certainly no good for this comp. And now rather overtaken by events, might put in a shot of something gold-coloured taken at my society's annual exhibition. It might generate some interest though unlikely to win a vote.
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Reinardina

Quote from: DigiDiva on November 03, 2013, 09:02:24 PM
Thanks Reinardina but I hadn't planned on a still life for this theme. I went out to my local park and got some lovely autumn shots, just most had reds and oranges in. I had an idea for a b&w conversion but when I tried my idea it lost its impact. I just need to do a little post processing then will enter it tomorrow.

The leaf I turned into 'Goldleaf, was red and green. Used filters to change the appearance and colour.
Can't you change the park shots into a 'fairy tale' type of wood by using filters? Any amount of pp allowed after all.

DigiDiva

I can't choose between these:

Hinfrance

Well, plan A didn't pan out. Luckily there was a plan B. Which also didn't happen due to a critical shortage of the relevant prop.  So I'm in with plan C, Golden Tones:

I do like this cheap Les Paul copy - it is such a gorgeous colour, and it plays and sounds far better than it has any right to considering :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.