• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 173
  • Total: 173
  • Google
aliexpress
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Canon eos utility camera control

Started by Geoff, July 17, 2015, 01:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff

I have just picked up my canon 1100d for the 1st time in a while as I have
been ill,  I use the software that came with the camera and I no I used the
utility to control camera from my lap top but for some reason now it does
not work, I don't think I have done anything different from the last time I
used it but can not be sure if I installed win 8.1 after the last time I used
the software or before, the icon is on my desk top along with the other
software that came with the camera and that all seems to be working.
I have downloaded I believe the latest software from canon.
Any help would be appreciated as I only have one hand so found this
software very useful or is there another free software I could use to
enable me to control my camera's functions.

Regards  Geoff

Oldboy

Try uninstalling the program and then re-install it.

Right click on the window icon at the left hand side of the taskbar and select Control Panel from the dropdown list. Next, click on Programs and features and from the list right-click on the program and select uninstall. Put the program disk in the cd/dvd and re-install it. Hopefully this should fix it.  :tup:

hssutton

Geoff.
Nothing happened for me when I selected EOS Utility in Windows 10. However on connecting my 7D Mk11 the utility program opened up with the option to download images from camera or for remote shooting.
I remember on some earlier models it was necessary  to ensure that the correct setting is selected in the camera's communication menu; normally this will be set to 'Normal' or 'PC connect.

Harry

WillyP

I have a 60D and the utility that came with it worked on XP but not W7. When I first discovered this, I tried downloading from Canon but no luck. About a week ago I tried again and Canon has an updater for the utility. It's a separate file, you have to install the utility first, then use the updater.

I never use the utility though. W7's built in utility does a better job of offloading images. I needed the utility, though, because I noticed the previous owners name was still showing up in EXIF data. I had done a few searches when I couldn't get the software working, but didn't find anything else to operate the camera, other than Magic Lantern.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.