• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 61
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 21
  • Total: 21
Wish
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

Quote from: Hybridphotog on August 09, 2010, 07:17:26 PM
What's bemused me?

Adobe and their bloody format lock. CS3 won't recognise Canon 50D RAW files... so I'll have to update to CS...whatever. Yet, CS3 is the best version that will install on my PC... I can't install any newer.

It says Camera Raw 4.6 supports the 50D and CS3.  Doesn't it work Dave?   :'(

Camera Raw 4.6 update
This version of the Camera Raw plug-in replaces the original Camera Raw plug-in that was installed with Adobe Creative Suite 3, Adobe Photoshop CS3, and Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0 software

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4040

Anyway, what's wrong with Eos Utility and  DPP that came with your camera?  It's improved a lot over the years, and all I use now. ;)

Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Oldboy

Quote from: anglefire on August 09, 2010, 07:42:34 PM

And it had to be changed because they added feature X,Y or Z. :)

All Raw formats are only a version of Tiff files which, can be read by any image program. I know the Nikon D3 can output images as a Tiff file and X,Y or Z don't make any difference to that. I think it's just a way to screw more money out of the consumer, nothing more or less.  :o

anglefire

Oldboy, I don't disagree - but in the case of Canon, you can get the latest version of their raw converter for free, so it is not Canon that is trying to screw any more cash out of the consumer!
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Hybridphotog

Quote from: admin on August 09, 2010, 08:17:39 PM
It says Camera Raw 4.6 supports the 50D and CS3.  Doesn't it work Dave?   :'(
I guess I was using an older version of Camera Raw... I can open the new files in CS3 now. Thanks for pointing that out. :)

Shame that Windows XP won't show any preview thumbnails for the new CR2's though.
Quote from: admin on August 09, 2010, 08:17:39 PM
Anyway, what's wrong with Eos Utility and  DPP that came with your camera?  It's improved a lot over the years, and all I use now. ;)
Nothing, I guess... I just have a dislike for using software that comes with equipment, unless there's nothing else available.

picsfor

Quote from: anglefire on August 09, 2010, 10:31:42 PM
Oldboy, I don't disagree - but in the case of Canon, you can get the latest version of their raw converter for free, so it is not Canon that is trying to screw any more cash out of the consumer!

Yes, have to agree with you there. And oddly enough - the stuff Canon give away for free is more than enough to get most people by if they have an aversion to spending money or don't have a need to do anything with their pictures but tidy them up (crop, red eye, dust spot removal etc...)

rksmith51

How do I miss out words in some of my replies  :-[, half my sentences hardly make any sense.

Bob.
Hi, "Guest" long time no see, how are you

Graham

Quote from: rksmith51 on August 10, 2010, 09:58:39 AM
How do I miss out words in some of my replies  :-[, half my sentences hardly make any sense.

Bob.

I don't have to miss out words not to make sense!  :2funny:
                                     Graham.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

rksmith51

Graham.
[/quote]

Oh I type those kind of replies too Graham, but mainly the ones with missing w....  :legit:

Bob.

Graham

Quote from: rksmith51 on August 10, 2010, 10:54:51 AM

Graham.

Oh I type those kind of replies too Graham, but mainly the ones with missing w....  :legit:

Bob.
[/quote]

I do tend to get my mucking foords wuddled though!
                     Graham. :2funny:

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

rksmith51

Quote from: Graham on August 10, 2010, 07:55:50 PM

Graham.

Bob.

[/quote]

:2funny: Ok you win, lets stop now before we get banned.  ;D

Graham

Quote from: rksmith51 on August 10, 2010, 08:08:30 PM
Quote from: Graham on August 10, 2010, 07:55:50 PM

Graham.

Bob.

Deal! :tup:

:2funny: Ok you win, lets stop now before we get banned.  ;D
[/quote]

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

spinner

I was Googling for online woodwork plans to make my own stepped frames for my canvas prints. My query was quite specific in asking for 'stepped frames for canvas prints'. Not only did I not get any hits back but some of the things that were listed were just terrible advice. Just confirms what they say about being careful what you take off the internet.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Hybridphotog

What's bemused and baffled me for the past two days?

My new PC.

Building it, that was fun. Solving the odd graphical glitches that's plagued the thing, that's been a headache.

It looks like I'm going to be returning either the graphics card or the motherboard. :(

ABERS

Poor little dears!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-10936888

I can remember being torn away from my home for two years going to strange places where people spoke with a strange accent (Hednesford, Chippenham and Germany), and I hadn't done anything wrong! :o

Oldboy

Quote from: ABERS on August 12, 2010, 09:15:50 AM
Poor little dears!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-10936888

I can remember being torn away from my home for two years going to strange places where people spoke with a strange accent (Hednesford, Chippenham and Germany), and I hadn't done anything wrong! :o

Isn't that the same as been sent to a boarding school, and aren't those people running the country now.  :o

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.