• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 26
  • Total: 26
aliexpress
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jediboy

That is the main thing that puts me off working in London. Too much travel.
Enjoy some downtime!
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Jediboy

Totally bemused today. Took some photos on my new camera, uploaded them onto the computer and now can't find them anywhere. They seem to be saving in a different format to my other camera, and its driving me a little bit mad. (No doubt this is operator error!!)

Chris

anglefire

Quote from: Jediboy on November 03, 2019, 06:47:13 PM
That is the main thing that puts me off working in London. Too much travel.
Enjoy some downtime!

Been twice this week too - Monday and today - back home 7 on Monday and 8 today. Tomorrow is Swindon - only a 90minute drive and Friday Castle Cary - about 2 1/2 hours each way. Deep Joy.

And then London Monday & Tuesday and the week after 7 days in London - but I've booked an apartment rather than hotels so at least I can relax a bit in the evening.

Hopefully after the first week of December it will be a bit quieter.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

anglefire

My Mum had a letter from the Land Registry confirming receipt of my Dad's death certificate a few days ago. All good.

She then got two letters yesterday from them, the one was to her and was just confirming that she had asked for the transfer of ownership. Again, all good.

The second letter from them, was actually to Dad - though she never noticed until after opening it. And it was asking him to confirm the transfer. Bit difficult as he is a pile of ashes in an Urn!

Mum was going to ring them and fire in a round of F's - but I said I would do it instead to save her getting upset again!

It will probably be an automatic system, but still.
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

anglefire

Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

jinky

anglefire

Yesterday actually!

Got pinged by the Covid App to self isolate until the 29th December. Working back that is a contact date of last Friday (18th) and apart from a run up and down the motorway to the mother in laws - have been no where. The day before I worked at home and didn't go out, the day after I went to town to the shops - but saw no one for more than a few minutes and not close- and masked up anyway!

So hopefully will not be a problem!

As it happens, a couple of months ago, I know I've been in the same room as someone who had covid not long afterwards and didn't catch it (I was wearing a face visor as was he)
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

jinky

My daughter had 3 calls on her  answer machine telling her to self isolate because of a contact and they were puzzled. then the next day they had another call saying to disregard - wrong number!

Oldboy

Quote from: jinky on December 26, 2020, 03:59:11 PM
My daughter had 3 calls on her  answer machine telling her to self isolate because of a contact and they were puzzled. then the next day they had another call saying to disregard - wrong number!

Well what do you expect, as the person running text and trace is Dido "TalkTalk Data Breach" Harding in charge of Contact Tracing, should you be worried? I would be.  >:(

She resigned from Talk Talk and walked away with £2,000,000. Not bad for abject failure and refused to take any responsibility.  >:(

jinky

In a dilemna today. Just got out my Nikon stuff for the first time in over 8 months I`d say. Did a few shots to  check out shutter counts and then put everything to WEX for an estimate fore trade in. I know they`ll probably trim it a little but came out at £2400 which would more than pay for the only other Fuji lens I`d want and a better camera body than at present. very sad to see a figure of £222 against my D700 with 60,000 activations so far that knocks my Fuji into the park quality wise at every level. Trouble is it`s all a bit too heavy for me now and is useless in a cupboard. I`d like to sell it for better prices but don`t trust ebay and facebook sales other than within a local Leeds group where i`ve asked about interest. Hold on to it any longer and the bodies at least will be worthless. bear in mind that when I stopped trading and bought all this gear back from my business at the levels advised by the tax office I only paid £700 for the lot and I am quids in. What have you all doe with old gear? Do you keep it to admire and never use knowing it`s worth more than you`d get or have you got rid?

Jediboy

I can relate to this Jinky.

I still have an old D300 that hasn't been touched for a long long time. I did consider selling it but at the time was going to be lucky to get about £200 for it, so I dedcided to keep it in a box in a cupboard. Gathering dust.

I still have my D800 too that I am encouraging my son to use. I have used it a few times too so won't be selling that.

I guess that second hand and a few years old try just aren't worth much. Shame as your D700 would be a great camera for someone.

Chris

Jediboy

Just out of interest, what other Nikon gear are you selling?

Chris

jinky

More lenses than I realised I had! Nikon 24-70, Nikon 35 1:2D, Nikon 50 1:1.4D, Nikon 50 1:1.8D, Nikon 85 1:1.8D, Sigma 70-200 1:2.8 11, Sigma 2x teleconverter to go with it, Nikon AFS VR 70-300 (the better one), Nikon 16-35 f4 ED N, Sigma Macro 105 1:2.8, 2 x SB800`s and an SB600 Flash guns. Then the D700 and D80 cameras
Quite a clear out if I go for it as my wife says I should!

anglefire

I still have my 350D - not been used that I can think of for about 8years.
I did px my 1dMk3 when I bought the 1Dxmk3 last year - almost cried at the amount I got for it - a few hundred :(
I have kept my 1Dx - but that's only been used once or twice in the last 9months or so - but I want to keep it as second body.
I do have a EFs-60mm f2.8 macro lens - which is stunning - which I aught to sell. Probably worth a reasonable amount.
Apathy. Time. You name it!
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Oldboy

I've still got my Nikon D200 and still use it now and again. If I sold it I'd be lucky to get fifty pounds. It been used in very heavy rain on many occasions and never had a problem. I gave my D70 away with the 18-70mm lens. If you can get a D200 just do it as you can use in any weather conditions.  :tup:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.