• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 64
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 51
  • Total: 51
bhphotovideo
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

Chat Thread - Sky Included

Started by Andrew, March 02, 2014, 06:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew

CHAT THREAD

This week's theme is Sky Included.

This may seem a broad theme - but it has one simple rule, the sky must be included in the shot in a noticeable manner. By that I'm going to say at least 1/3rd if using the rule of thirds.
The sky provides many a different backdrop from sunrise to sunset including clear blue skies and stormy clouds.
What you put in front (or behind if you're shooting from the ISS :tup:) is up to you.

No restrictions on Post Processing.

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 3rd March 2014 to 23:59 Sunday 9th March 2014.

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 10rd March 2014.
Poll will be up Tuesday 11 March 2014.
Winner to be announced Saturday 15th March. 2014.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc.)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night.

Good Luck and Enjoy.
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

Andrew

OK, haven't had to set up a weekly comp in a while - so if I've made any mistakes, please advise so I can correct them.

This weeks theme has been chosen with a view to make a choice of picture as easy as possible - and also to see what people do with the sky.
The sky is the one thing that occurs every day and can be viewed & photographed from indoors and outdoors. You can get a shot from home, work, shopping or during travels or holiday.
Enjoy - will be interesting to see what comes forth.
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!

Reinardina

Couldn't see the sky tonight, as I was hiding under an umbrella.

But this is one, I should be able to enter. We have large, so called picture windows, so plenty of sky visible.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Jediboy

Certainly a broad theme. I need to have some better time management this week!!
May the Force be with you.

Chris

kerbside

Let's just hope that we get something other than a grey out all week, clouds and contrast required, well I think anyway.

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

DigiDiva

This is probably going to be my entry. Tried 'Blue Hour' photography for the first time this morning and the blue hues were stunning. Here's my minimalist 'Blue Hour Over Roker Pier'. I know I did the pier last week too, but this fits brief perfectly.

Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Jediboy

That's great Chris. The blues are amazing.
And you've really got in early this week. 
May the Force be with you.

Chris

DigiDiva

Thanks Chris. I didn't realise you could get these colours before sunrise. Always thought it was reds and oranges.

Oldboy

Quote from: DigiDiva on March 03, 2014, 10:39:17 AM
Thanks Chris. I didn't realise you could get these colours before sunrise. Always thought it was reds and oranges.

Before sunrise and after sunset. On one occassion I even had a pink sky.  :o

Reinardina

My entry is the total opposite of DD's.
Monochrome, threatening and wild!

It has been called 'A Battle of Britain' sky, but with a civilian aircraft.

I'm in with my 'Flight into the Light.'

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Andrew

Have to say - i'm seeing different entries to what i expected from the theme, but liking them all the same.
Now if we can just convince Abers to enter one of his wonderful infra red images - we'd have a home run.  :dance:

Kerry Holt

DD I really like the vast expanse of blue!

DigiDiva

Thanks Kerry.It's the minimalistness (if thats a word) of it that appealed.

Andrew, what were you expecting?

ABERS

Not an entry but there are all sorts of Sky about. ;)

Andrew

Quote from: DigiDiva on March 05, 2014, 05:42:53 PM
Andrew, what were you expecting?

I was rather expecting some shots with something on the foreground and showing the sky in the background (probably blurred).
TBH, I think with this theme I was giving people the chance to get a picture at almost any time or place and under most circumstances - allowing for people to lead busy lives for most of the time.

As usual - "you know what thought thought" has come back and bit me.
And to really hammer that point home - Abers throws in his Sky Dish pic - which, whilst a curved ball, does very much fit the brief of the theme!

Maybe it says more about my photographic eye than the photographic eye of others  :(

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.