• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 48
  • Total: 48
wex
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

for all the canon lovers

Started by spinner, August 25, 2010, 10:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

It they haven't got a camera for it to fit, how do they know it will do 9 1/2 frames a second?  :doh:

Jonathan

Are Canon getting desperate?

Past few weeks have seen a couple of stunts like this.  First there was the much linked to "Canon says DSLRs are over" article which basically said that things might change sometime.

Now they have a "brand new ground breaking sensor" but apparently no plans to put it in a camera.  Or even to discuss if it's a good idea.

Any news on the 1DSMkIV?  Or just more smoke?
It's Guest's round

picsfor

Allegedly, (smoke) there is an announcement to be made at the next industry jolly...
The debate is whether it is for the 60D (cos the 50D wasn't that great) or for the 1DsMkIV.
1 or 2 noted Canon users have denied that the cameras they are "using" (with the ID details all taped up) are 1DsMkIV's - even though they are well known Canon testers...

So, now we have the smoke, wonder where the fire is?

As for that sensor - not even big enough for a space telescope...

Carlj

Well the 60D has now been announced...

And it's revolutionary - in so much as the Canon forum at DPR seems to have revolted against it - plastic body, older af module, cut down feature list - but tilty screen...

Just Dave

Ive been waiting for the 60D to come, plastic body, sd cards, now Im definitely getting a 7D, wished I not bothered waiting
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

picsfor

Quote from: Just Dave on August 26, 2010, 01:24:46 PM
Ive been waiting for the 60D to come, plastic body, sd cards, now I'm definitely getting a 7D, wished I not bothered waiting

Glad i had never decided to wait! My 2nd body choice has always been between 7D & 5DII (unless i came into a bit of dosh in which case i might look at a 1D4).
I'm sure some one at Canon knows what they're doing - but it certainly doesn't seem very clear from where i'm sitting!

Oldboy

Quote from: picsfor on August 26, 2010, 02:02:37 PM
I'm sure some one at Canon knows what they're doing - but it certainly doesn't seem very clear from where i'm sitting!

Yes, to increase Nikon's world-wide sales!  :tup:  :2funny:

Just Dave

7ds only £100 more, over the 60d, I do like the swivel screen though as it would make low macro shots a lot easier than getting down to them,
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

picsfor

A grand for that pile of rubbish?

You're having a laugh. Oldboy is right- they're trying to increase Nikons sales...

For a grand i'd want a magnesium body as a starter - and as for the rest of the stuff listed, it's only been passed down from the 7D - hardly rocket science.
This is clearly for the Comet, Argos, PC World market where they'll get any uninformed customer to hand over large amounts of dosh for little value...

Almost makes me want to swap over to Nikon in disgust!

spinner

Quote from: Carlj on August 26, 2010, 12:52:38 PM
Well the 60D has now been announced...

And it's revolutionary - in so much as the Canon forum at DPR seems to have revolted against it - plastic body, older af module, cut down feature list - but tilty screen...

Oh, so now they're stealing Sony's ideas.  ;D ;D
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

hssutton

Quote from: picsfor on August 26, 2010, 03:14:38 PM

You're having a laugh. Oldboy is right- they're trying to increase Nikons sales...

For a grand i'd want a magnesium body as a starter - and as for the rest of the stuff listed, it's only been passed down from the 7D - hardly rocket science.
This is clearly for the Comet, Argos, PC World market where they'll get any uninformed customer to hand over large amounts of dosh for little value...

The 60D pre-ordered from Warehouse Express £1099. The 7D from RGB Photo (where I bought my 7D)£1130. Who on earth will buy the 60D. I see major discounts in the very near future, or the 60Ds dead in the water.

spinner

Quote from: hssutton on August 26, 2010, 04:28:37 PM

The 60D pre-ordered from Warehouse Express £1099. The 7D from RGB Photo (where I bought my 7D)£1130. Who on earth will buy the 60D. I see major discounts in the very near future, or the 60Ds dead in the water.

The uneducated public.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Mick

Quote from: picsfor on August 26, 2010, 03:14:38 PM

Me too.  ;)  Can't understand why this is a X0D series camera.  With that build and size it should be a X00D.  Think I'll pass on this one to be honest.  :P
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

anglefire

What is of more interest (to some!) is the announcement of the following:

300mm f2.8IS L II
400mm f2.8IS L II
70-300 f4-5.6IS L
8-15f4 L fisheye
1.4x converter MkIII
2.0x converter MkIII

And the promised update of the 500 and 600mm f4 IS L .

Anyone got any money spare?
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.