• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 60
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 76
  • Total: 76
bhphotovideo
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

CHAT -Weekly Comp 1 - 7 Apr - Toys or Games

Started by oggalily, March 31, 2013, 11:36:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oggalily

ENTRIES

This week's topic for the competition is...

Toys or Games

Interpret however you like, but please show some creativity rather than something that could pass for an ebay listing.

No restrictions on Post Processing

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 1 Apr 2013 to 23:59 Sunday 7 Apr 2013.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 8 Apr 2013.
Poll will be up Tuesday 9 Apr 2013.
Winner to be announced Saturday 13 Apr 2013.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc.)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night.

Setting the Poll: http://cameracraniums.com/forum/index.php?topic=382.msg37211;topicseen#new

Hinfrance

A poor little lost bear, clipped onto the fence outside my daughter's school. Note the pleading in his little beady eyes . .

I think my photography mojo has gone awol too recently. Or maybe it's just frozen to death.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Quote from: Hinfrance on April 05, 2013, 11:00:53 AM
A poor little lost bear, clipped onto the fence outside my daughter's school. Note the pleading in his little beady eyes . .

I think my photography mojo has gone awol too recently. Or maybe it's just frozen to death.

Oh, the poor thing! He looks very much loved; I hope the sad owner will find him soon.

Your mojo could be frozen H. Mine isn't, but I cannot get myself to go out with the camera, because it is so darned cold, so the effect is the same.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Reinardina

Did my shot earlier in the week, and had thought I might do something else, like taking the toys out, but the weather put a stop to that.
So, in stead, I played around with the software, to give the picture a touch of nostalgia.

I'm in with:

Old Friends.

jinky

My mojo is frozen too lately H  :'(

Was aiming for another shot until I realised I had replaced my traditional monopoly with a Newcsatle United version and no longer had the car  :o. Luckily I saw one of my favourite games in the cupboard - Pass the Pigs. For young kids really but I always take it on holiday with me. Was not sure how to add an "adult content" warning  ;)
Making Bacon

Oldboy

Quote from: jinky on April 06, 2013, 05:58:10 PM
My mojo is frozen too lately H  :'(

Was aiming for another shot until I realised I had replaced my traditional monopoly with a Newcsatle United version and no longer had the car  :o. Luckily I saw one of my favourite games in the cupboard - Pass the Pigs. For young kids really but I always take it on holiday with me. Was not sure how to add an "adult content" warning  ;)
Making Bacon

More like playing with the sausage!  :-[ :P

DigiDiva

Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

michaelb104

No entry from me this weekend, I just do not know where the time went - well actually I do, it was trying to catch up on all the jobs in the garden.
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Reinardina

Quote from: michaelb104 on April 08, 2013, 07:49:09 AM
No entry from me this weekend, I just do not know where the time went - well actually I do, it was trying to catch up on all the jobs in the garden.

Sitting in the sun you mean.

"Sat in the garden this afternoon, the first time since Oct 2012 - it felt great "

Beaux Reflets

Ran out of time  :-[  A few shots taken during the week are fun but they do not really fit the bill  ;) - Looking forward to voting  :tup:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

DigiDiva

Im flying to Tenerife tomorrow with internet access very limited to only one bar that we go in. If I win, I would like to pick a theme, however cant do threads/poll etc. Can I post the topic early in here and will anyone do the honours with threads/poll etc?

If thats a problem, I will let whoever comes second pick the theme etc.

Hinfrance

No worries DD, choose your subject and I'll do the rest - send me a PM with the theme to make sure I don't miss it. And congrats on the victory :tup:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

DigiDiva

Oh my word, I won. Whoop whoop. Thanks again for my votes, I did like my entry this week. I not only captured the motion blur but also the reflection of it too. Im thinking of entering it into the DC Mag's challenge of motion blur this month.

Reinardina

Congratulations Chris, and enjoy your holiday.

Oldboy

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.