• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 95
  • Total: 95
aliexpress
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Poll for the weekly competition 'Still life' 7-13 Oct 2013

Started by Reinardina, October 15, 2013, 12:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Please look at the larger image before voting.

Smartie World

1 (5%)
Autumn Gold

2 (10%)
Shells

3 (15%)
Nature Morte

4 (20%)
Memento Mori

2 (10%)
Flowers in the Window

1 (5%)
View

0 (0%)
Still Life in Spades

2 (10%)
A Balanced Breakfast

5 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: October 19, 2013, 12:51:03 PM

Reinardina

Please vote for your favourite image.
(And please check the larger image first!)

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

DigiDiva

Thanks reinardina for doing the poll. Much appreciated.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

spikeyjen

Reinardina

Thanks Jen. Just tried a different approach, to whip up interest. Bl**dy hard work though!

spikeyjen

it looks funny on my screen with all the votes clustered in a top corner, and all the 'bar graphs' clustered over image 1.
perhaps it's just 'Friday'.
8)

Hinfrance

Congratulations DD, you've done it again.  :dance:

Make a note in your diary to set up the poll for the next one!
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

DigiDiva

Thanks for the votes, I hadn't realised I had won. Much appreciate your votes. Last time I looked, I was on 3 votes.

However, I now feel I have cheated you, as Jeff and Abers have pointed out, it wasn't an original idea I did, so I withdraw my entry and pass the honours onto Hinfrance's' Nature Morte'. Look forward to the next theme.

ABERS

You'll not get out of setting the poll that easily. You had the most votes, you are the winner!

Reinardina

Quote from: ABERS on October 19, 2013, 10:00:28 AM
You'll not get out of setting the poll that easily. You had the most votes, you are the winner!

I agree with ABERS. People voted for you, so you won. Just make sure you put up two threads, and don't forget the poll!

Beaux Reflets

Well done DD looking forward to your new challenge.

Thank you to those who voted for my wee effort  :)
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

DigiDiva

Sorry you feel I'm using it as an excuse, I'm not. I will do 'the honours' if you want, but want Hinfrance to chooses the theme. Hinfrance, if you PM me I will set the associated threads up for you.

Oldboy

Quote from: DigiDiva on October 19, 2013, 09:55:59 AM

However, I now feel I have cheated you, as Jeff and Abers have pointed out, it wasn't an original idea I did, so I withdraw my entry and pass the honours onto Hinfrance's' Nature Morte'. Look forward to the next theme.

You haven't cheated unless you used their photograph as your entry, which you didn't do. No photograph/picture can be an original idea as someone has already done it. In Hinfrance's case, that is recreating a picture from an old master painting therefore, his should be withdrawn. We can say the same thing about any photo posted! Your entry won fair and square, end of.  :)

spikeyjen

I don't believe you have cheated - there are very few 'original' ideas in this world, and you had an idea you wanted to try and you did a great job. I'll bet there are many on the site who would love to create an image like yours even if there are many similar. When you think of a 'drop' it's hardly an original idea, but we all try to get it anyway!!
I think you won fair and square, people voted because they liked it and you should be proud of it.
I'm looking forward to what challenge you might come up with this week.

DigiDiva

OK, thanks very much for your support. I will do the next theme, however reluctantly it will be.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.