• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 127
  • Total: 127
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

New camera

Started by Jediboy, October 21, 2019, 07:15:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jediboy

I have treated myself to a new camera. Managed to save up some money and had a big lottery win (£97.00) which helped.

Went for the Nikon Z6. Was always going to stay with Nikon as I have a few lenses and can't afford to change everything. Had to buy a new XQD memory card too with was really expensive but didn't have any choice here.
So far so good, haven't really had the chance to use it much yet due to work and kids, but hopefully get chance to play later in the week.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Oldboy

Jediboy

Cheers Oldboy. A few new bits to learn and looking forward to shooting more video.

Chris

Oldboy

I've got video on my D800 and D810 and haven't used it on either.  8)

StephenBatey

Have fun. There's nothing like getting a new camera to give an impetus to get out with it - if only to see how it performs.
Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

Jediboy

Thanks. Struggling for time at the moment though. A few days off coming up soon though.  :)

Chris

jinky

Be interested to see how you get on with it. I still wonder about selling my d700 and getting one of these to use my lenses but I bought into Fuji before they came out. Enjoy

Alfonso_Frisk

Quote from: jinky on October 23, 2019, 03:48:54 PM
Be interested to see how you get on with it. I still wonder about selling my d700 and getting one of these to use my lenses but I bought into Fuji before they came out. Enjoy
Agree, keep us posted on how the old marries with the new. Im thinking going that way when my D7100 dies, and I have 10 DX fit lenses to consider.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Jediboy

So far so good, really pleased. Admittedly I haven't had chance to really get my head around it (a few days off work now so hopefully that will change).
Seems crisp and sharp, if that makes sense.

As Nikon users you would be used to many features but it has quite a few new ones, and some new tech, touchscreen for example which I think I could do without.

The biggest revelation for me is Auto-ISO. Never had this before and seems to be brilliant. And on early looks seems to handle noise really well.

Will let you know of any new exciting bits I discover.

Chris

anglefire

Auto iso is brilliant. I've had it properly on the 1Dx for 5 years - the mk3 sort of had it but not in the same way.

Does it work in manual on your camera? Funnily enough it can be useful if you want a specific shutter speed and aperture. 

I rarely have mine set to anything else. 
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

StephenBatey

When I use a Sony a7, that's set to auto ISO. For me, it means that I can set the aperture I want, and let the camera do the rest. With an electronic viewfinder, I get an instant warning if I need to turn the exposure compensation dial.
Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.