• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 235
  • Total: 235
  • Google
millets
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What would you do ?

Started by skellum, September 03, 2011, 10:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skellum

Last August I photographed a Wedding for couple I know and who also live in our street. On presenting them with their album I asked if they would mind if I used one particular shot for advertising purposes to which they gladly approved. So on I went and used the picture on the front page of my webite, Business Cards, Leaflets, Press Adverts and the sign on the front of my shop.

The problem is the couple have now split up for reasons unknown ( less than a year into the marriage ) but they still often pass the shop ( individually ) and must see themselves on the sign and possibly on the other media mentioned.

So the question is..... Do I change the sign and the other things or just leave as is ?.... :legit:

nickt

Leave it as it is. It's not your problem. They agreed to allowing their photograph to be shown. If one of them comes in and asks 'could you change the photo on your sign?' Explain it's going to cost money to change a sign and it may not be possible. (Unless one of them wants to pay for it)
Nick

Oldboy

I would change it if possible.  ???

mondmagu

Tricky situation.I personally would leave it alone and only change it if asked by one of the couple.

Des
Des
www.flickr.com/photos/mondmagu

jinky

I would change it where I could where it did not incur extra cost for me and leave it where I could not. - explaining if they drop in and ask that I was gradually phasing them out but needed to be aware of personal cost / expense.

Cathus

I'd leave it until asked, why deal with a problem that you don't know actually exists?

(I guess you're assuming that one or both of them would be upset by having their pic on display now in changed circumstances, you could always ask them)

Colin

Don't ask them as you may get an answer that you don't want. If it was me I would leave it until they specifically asked for changes. Select a new one of your images and slowly move over to it as your existing advertising material runs out. If you have their acceptance in writing, whilst not being a lawyer, I think that you are within your rights to continue to use the image regardless of their wishes now.

If they still pass your shop and haven't come in and said anything yet then I would let sleeping dogs lie.

Jonathan

Leave it.  Why go looking for trouble?

But the image is now over a year old - I'd be surprised if you haven't shot better since then.  Blend in some new ones.
It's Guest's round

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.