• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 177
  • Total: 177
aliexpress
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

picsfor

Quote from: Sandy on September 04, 2009, 09:12:19 PM
I got a letter today to say the my photo of a dog weaving though poles as been accepted by the Kent County Photographic Association and this is the first time I have had a photo accepted.

Sandy

That's excellent news Sandy. You'll soon be buying a spare K7 :)

Spiritflier

What made me feel good today?

Going on a self-defence course in work and having the pleasure of being able to inflict pain on my boss!  ;D

Oldboy

Quote from: Spiritflier on September 07, 2009, 08:17:47 PM

Going on a self-defence course in work and having the pleasure of being able to inflict pain on my boss!  ;D
Hope you did the knee into the groin!  :-[  :2funny:

spinner

Quote from: Spiritflier on September 07, 2009, 08:17:47 PM

I did that a few years back. Dropped him to his knees. He got the last laugh, took 3 months off injured at work. Gave me a bottle when he returned to thank me for the paid holiday.  :-[
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

spinner

Discovering I had a little bit more time available than I thought, so have started my vacation a day early! ;D
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Eileen

Thought I'd have a look at the PR videos last night. Some quite decent ones if you look through, BTW.

But what made me smile was the newest one. There are two: 'How to hold your camera steady' and 'How to fold your reflector like a pro'. I know it's not very kind, but I watched them. And the second one is funny, in a cringe-making kind of way. Poor Rachel: I wouldn't have liked to have been asked to make those. I bet she gets teased in the office.

Jonathan

Quote from: Eileen on September 11, 2009, 07:51:12 AM
Thought I'd have a look at the PR videos last night. Some quite decent ones if you look through, BTW.

But what made me smile was the newest one. There are two: 'How to hold your camera steady' and 'How to fold your reflector like a pro'. I know it's not very kind, but I watched them. And the second one is funny, in a cringe-making kind of way. Poor Rachel: I wouldn't have liked to have been asked to make those. I bet she gets teased in the office.

I've not seen that one - but have you ever tried to fold a HiLite?  I must have watched Mark Cleghorn's vid on YouTube 30 times.
It's Guest's round

ABERS

And I thought it couldn't get worse than "How to erect your Tripod".

How do pro's fold their reflector differently from anyone else? I always find it amusing that by inserting the word pro into anything they seem to think it gives it an air of authority or credence.

greypoint

I'm having to wait for the 'how to remove your lens' cap before I can progress any further I'm afraid :D

Jonathan

Quote from: ABERS on September 11, 2009, 07:57:32 AM

How do pro's fold their reflector differently from anyone else? I always find it amusing that by inserting the word pro into anything they seem to think it gives it an air of authority or credence.

It's the way Google are shaping our language.  There's a whole PhD in studying it.  "xxxx like a pro" is a highly prized long tail keyword.  I wish I were making this stuff up.

And yeah pros have a different way of folding reflectors.  I generally say "Amit fold that up for me" :D
It's Guest's round

Eileen

I've not seen that one - but have you ever tried to fold a HiLite?  I must have watched Mark Cleghorn's vid on YouTube 30 times.
[/quote]

This is one of those small reflectors that fit into your camera bag.

Oldboy

Quote from: ABERS on September 11, 2009, 07:57:32 AM

Yes, and I have problems with erections as well!  :-[  :2funny: :2funny: :legit:

John Doyle2

Eileen:- But what made me smile was the newest one. There are two: 'How to fold your reflector like a pro'.

Possibly, to avoid 'Kerb Crawlers'

greypoint

Seeing a late entrant to the 'who'll get banned first contest' plugging this place on PR....perhaps it being Friday evening the Team won't spot it! Well done Peter :2funny: :2funny:

BTW - was one of ABERS posts deleted from there??

greypoint

Got a letter from Nikon with 17th Sept. being the estimated date for my 70-300 repair completion - hope that's right. Still soooo glad I did'nt sell my 70-210! 8)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.