• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 91
  • Total: 91
parkcameras
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinky

I actually checked this out with the taxman in a recent workshop that they ran about setting up in employment Jonathan. The guy running it was a senior inspector with HMRC  and stated that when you are trading skills and services for no monetary reward it is not necessary to declare and not eligible for tax. He joked that if everyone worked this way it would put them out of a job so I am fairly happy no laws broken here and have the notes from the workshop to prove it.
I view it as a bit more experience of shooting to a brief and making a few contacts along the way so happy about it.

irv_b

our 18th wedding anniversary and the kids (Actually :o) brought us breakfast in bed ::) :) :) :)
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Graham

Congrats. to you and your good lady :beer:
                   And well done kids! ::)
                                      Graham. :fworks3:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Jonathan

Quote from: jinky on August 30, 2009, 07:24:52 PM
I actually checked this out with the taxman in a recent workshop that they ran about setting up in employment Jonathan. The guy running it was a senior inspector with HMRC  and stated that when you are trading skills and services for no monetary reward it is not necessary to declare and not eligible for tax. He joked that if everyone worked this way it would put them out of a job so I am fairly happy no laws broken here and have the notes from the workshop to prove it.
I view it as a bit more experience of shooting to a brief and making a few contacts along the way so happy about it.

Um, OK.......the Revenue have a nasty habit of going against the opinions of individual tax officers.  But you'll probably be fine.  It sounds almost exactly the kind of thing that gets listed on a benefit in kind form (P11D?).
It's Guest's round

Eileen

Congratulations Irv - and many happy returns!  :fworks3:

Jinky, I think you would do well to protect yourself by getting a ruling specific to you and your circumstances, rather than relying on notes you took in a seminar.

jinky

Eileen / Jonathan I`m OK - they were in the HMR&C notes - not my own notes of the session. He was very clear in his response.
Looking at the notes now he did cover benefit in kind largely relating to cars / perks etc and did differentiate between that and what was a trade of skills. Not a big issue as this is only the second such arrangement I have made and not likely to be more anyway but thanks for the concern  :tup:

bones615

Congratulations Irv.

Jinky, I would not have thought I was liable for tax on such a deal having never had any experience of the taxman - whats the worst that could happen, plead ignorance and pay up in the unlikely event you are found out (assuming you are in wrong).

Simon

jinky

WMMFGT

I know I am a mug sticking with them but who is on top of the Championship now then with a bare-bones side of grafters rather than prima donna`s.

Come on you Magpies - Premiership here we come!
Be gentle with me - let me dream!

Oldboy

Quote from: irv_b on August 31, 2009, 11:55:49 AM
our 18th wedding anniversary and the kids (Actually :o) brought us breakfast in bed ::) :) :) :)
What are they after?  :P
Congratulation to you and your better half.  ;D

nancy

Congrats Irv! I agree with Oldboy, wait until tomorrow when they hit you up for some cash ;)

spinner

Picked up the Tamron 90mm Macro lens I'd been saving for the last couple of months. Not only was the lens not sold before I got it, it had actually been discounted this weekend. Saved $30 before tax.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Mark Ellis

Congrats to Jinky & Irv for your good news!

WWMFGT? Well, yesterday. Sainsbury's checkout lady asked me for ID to buy a bottle of wine! Not happened in 15 years. Downside is that I'm now at an age where I'm quite pleased when people think I'm younger than I am...  :)

skellum

Quote from: jinky on August 31, 2009, 10:02:07 PM
WMMFGT

I know I am a mug sticking with them but who is on top of the Championship now then with a bare-bones side of grafters rather than prima donna`s.

Come on you Magpies - Premiership here we come!
Be gentle with me - let me dream!

Dont get carried away jinky its a very hard league and a long way to go yet. Plus you have PRESTON NORTH END to play yet ( home & away ) :tup: :legit:

jinky

Dont get carried away jinky its a very hard league and a long way to go yet. Plus you have PRESTON NORTH END to play yet ( home & away )

Yes I know Dave but I can dream. After all the defeats we had last season just glad to be winning but with a squad as thin as ours and so may games to go there is no way we can keep it up. I don`t even fancy cardiff next week with a certain Chopra playing against us again to fear! As for PNE - could be hard too!

wendoureecat

Quote from: jinky on September 01, 2009, 12:18:00 PM
Dont get carried away jinky its a very hard league and a long way to go yet. Plus you have PRESTON NORTH END to play yet ( home & away )

Yes I know Dave but I can dream. After all the defeats we had last season just glad to be winning but with a squad as thin as ours and so may games to go there is no way we can keep it up. I don`t even fancy cardiff next week with a certain Chopra playing against us again to fear! As for PNE - could be hard too!

You cant do any worse than my beloved Arsenal are going to do with the season.........we will probably finish mid table again with the luck we have  :'(

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.