• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 56
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 57
  • Total: 57
parkcameras
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graham

Quote from: Jonathan on November 04, 2010, 07:57:30 AM
Quote from: Graham on November 02, 2010, 07:16:08 PM
Oh, and Iv'e just had confirmation that I will be photographing JedWard at the end of the month!
                       I Rock!                                       

You do.  They don't ;)

No, they don't!.... But Motorhead do.......I'm snapping them in a couple of weeks. :dance:
               Graham.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Just Dave

Just has my waxwing pics have just been on Granada TV :)
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

Graham

Quote from: Just Dave on November 04, 2010, 07:29:00 PM
Just has my waxwing pics have just been on Granada TV :)
Oh. Nice one! :tup: :beer:
                 Graham. :)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Hinfrance

THIS pretty much offends everyone - made me chuckle anyway.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

ABERS

Blimey, and I thought I had a Sony! :o Must check the front of the camera! :-\

Hinfrance

. .  and if he has got a garage load of M and K series Pentax lenses lying around that he thinks are only worth $75, I'll have 'em.  :tup:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

spinner

Finally went and did it! Ordered my first ever Apple computer. iMac desktop 27", quad core and got extra memory so will have 8 gigs to start.  ;D
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

spinner

oooue, did that F11 trick. Very nice.  8)
Ol' blue eyes

Jonathan

Quote from: spinner on November 10, 2010, 04:12:05 PM
oooue, did that F11 trick. Very nice.  8)

You know about F9 and F10 too?  Now hold shift while you press them...

WMMFGT?  Just agreed a deal with a "major studio lighting company" - I'm going to be running training courses for Lencarta.  First is on 28th of this month in Kent.  Join us?
It's Guest's round

picsfor

Quote from: spinner on November 10, 2010, 04:09:49 PM
Finally went and did it! Ordered my first ever Apple computer. iMac desktop 27", quad core and got extra memory so will have 8 gigs to start.  ;D

Can't think you'll regret it. iMac and Photography are ideally suited to each other.
My only drawback with my Mac set up is...  ???

I don't have a MacBook to take with me on trips so i can honestly assess my pictures before waiting to come home  :-\

krennon

Jonathan congrats on the deal would love to come but alas no annual leave left  :(

WMMFGT
I have just done a photoshoot for a friend, I burnt about 18 shots to disk, and did about 8 7x5 prints and 3 10x8 prints for him, he said he would give me some money for them which I was happy to take as although he's an old friend I don't see him that often any more. He came and picked the prints and cd up yesterday and is going to give me £75.00 for them...now as it's a friend and I am nowhere near good enough to be a pro, I am very happy with that as I was thinking £40 - £50.00 would be ample and he is happy as he absolutely loved the shots so we're both happy..alas as we're skint at the mo I can't put the money towards new kit which I would have done otherwise but hey ho we're £75.00 better off (or will be next week when he brings round the money lol)...

That and getting an 8.5 out of 10 for a shot of a stag I took in Richmond Park was well chuffed with that.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

spinner

Quote from: picsfor on November 11, 2010, 12:33:30 PM

Can't think you'll regret it. iMac and Photography are ideally suited to each other.

I don't have a MacBook to take with me on trips so i can honestly assess my pictures before waiting to come home  :-\

I bought an old HP laptop and installed Linux Mint on it just for that purpose. Has RawTherapee and Gimp on it. Good enough for quick cleanup and assessment of shots.  Switched the photos to a old laptop drive that I installed in an external case and just plugged into my PC when I got home. The lap top was reasonably inexpensive and the other stuff I had lying around.
Ol' blue eyes

irv_b

Quote from: spinner on November 11, 2010, 08:45:34 PM
Quote from: picsfor on November 11, 2010, 12:33:30 PM

I bought an old HP laptop and installed Linux Mint on it just for that purpose. Has RawTherapee and Gimp on it. Good enough for quick cleanup and assessment of shots.  Switched the photos to a old laptop drive that I installed in an external case and just plugged into my PC when I got home. The lap top was reasonably inexpensive and the other stuff I had lying around.

I always wondered if it was worth picking up a 2nd hand lappie just to purely use  photo editing programmes on?
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

ABERS

Quote from: krennon on September 07, 2010, 09:21:19 AM
.........and an absolutely fantastic talk by a dear lady called Joan, who used to work for the BBC Photography dept. She had some amazing shots of the famous (and infamous  ;)) but it was the anecdotes that went along with the photos that made it interesting.

Was lucky enough to hear the same talk last evening Keith, absolutely fabulous. Just to think how excited we all get if we get a picture published in some obscure magazine and Joan in her heyday was getting pictures in every type of publication you could think of, and if you watch TV everyone here will have seen her work at some stage or another! I'd known her for some years before she mentioned quite casually,  ' I used to do some photography for the BBC and a little freelance work after'.

Her modesty is inversionally proportional to her impressive skill and experience, but isn't that always the way in life?

P.S. I discovered she occasionally runs a studio lighting course for the club's members, FOC. ;)

spinner

Quote from: irv_b on November 11, 2010, 11:45:24 PM

I always wondered if it was worth picking up a 2nd hand lappie just to purely use  photo editing programmes on?

Well Irv, if you're like me, the idea of taking photos and waiting a week to see how they really turned out (that little screen on back doesn't cut it) is frustrating. With using linux it's really just the outlay for the laptop. I admit, if you're a Windows person some of the programmes can be clunky in comparison. If you're tempted, you can download all sorts of different 'Live CD's to try linux out without installing it.
Ol' blue eyes

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.