• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 141
  • Total: 141
parkcameras
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

picsfor

Quote from: ABERS on July 24, 2010, 06:55:31 AM
The RPS publish a hard back book bi-annually called Portfolio. With some 240 pages it includes work from people such as McCullin, Liebovitz, Parr and O'Neill.

WMMFGT, I have an email informing me that one of my pictures will be included in the book. :)

Well done Alan - i got my offer to pre-order said book yesterday. Maybe i'll put it on the Christmas list along with the first one.
Photography Books seems to be the theme for this years Xmas list!

skellum

Quote from: picsfor on July 25, 2010, 09:18:31 AM
The RPS publish a hard back book bi-annually called Portfolio. With some 240 pages it includes work from people such as McCullin, Liebovitz, Parr and O'Neill.

WMMFGT, I have an email informing me that one of my pictures will be included in the book. :)

Well done Alan - i got my offer to pre-order said book yesterday. Maybe i'll put it on the Christmas list along with the first one.

Why mention CHRISTMAS in July ?... I was hopeing to get to at least September before all that nonsence starts again.. :(
Well done Alan on your inclusion in the book... :tup:

picsfor

Quote from: Dave on July 25, 2010, 03:48:29 PM

Christmas gets a mention because money is all spoken for, for the next few months - after which point i will sadly have to start thinking about christmas.
And on that note - haven't you got your 2011 calender sorted out yet Dave?

WMMFG yesterday was finally getting some ones computing set up working to the desired level.
Lady in question is a friend who does marketing and has absolutely no will power to follow through on good data back up and system maintenance procedures.

Having put together a plan to create a near fool proof I.T. set up that allows her to back up data with out trying, and get system maintenance tasks without trying, over a range of 3 computers - it finally all came together. Now she just has to finish off furnishing her home office, and move from a Blackberry to an Android or Apple based smart phone, and job done!
It was late getting home and a long day, but boy was it rewarding  :dance:

Why mention CHRISTMAS in July ?... I was hopeing to get to at least September before all that nonsence starts again.. :(
Well done Alan on your inclusion in the book... :tup:

Eileen

Just watched Mo Farah and Chris Thompson win gold and silver respectively at the European Championships. Great entertainment and a good result too.  :beer: Who needs soaps?

spinner

Did my dutiful husband role and drove wifey and daughter to the far end of town to a clothing store. Not being interested in clothes I went for a walk about and discovered a Camera outlet centre just down the street. Came home with a Nikkor 35-80mm and a Minolta 35-80 for 31 Pounds each. Have been testing them out and they appear to work very well.

Coincidentally, my son who'll be down visiting from Ottawa on the weekend emailed me today to ask advice on buying a better camera. I've made plans to go back to the outlet store with him on the weekend.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

ABERS

Quote from: Eileen on July 27, 2010, 08:57:53 PM
Just watched Mo Farah and Chris Thompson win gold and silver respectively at the European Championships. Great entertainment and a good result too.  :beer: Who needs soaps?

Agreed Eileen, especially the second place contest. Although it's good that Ethiopia and Kenya aren't in Europe :doh:

skellum

I think its good to see sports were people who are not ridiculously over paid are achieving.. :tup:

krennon

WMMFGT was acutally yesterday at work.

I was approached by one of the operations managers who I have a very good working relationship with (was helping her out last year with a major recruitment campaign and helping her scan and catalogue documents etc) and she asked me if I wanted to come and work with her on a full time basis asap....I will still be at the same company and there is no payrise (yet) but it means I will be working for her and one of the other directors and not the director who nearly made me quit 2 years ago (some of you may remember me posting about that)....
So I will have a new job, pretty much left to my own devices keeping track of her area managers and phoning her customers and that will be about it, it won't be quite that dossy but it'll be nice to have a bit of freedom....looking forward to it and can't wait as soon as my current manager finds a replacement for me I'll be transferring over.. ;D :tup: :beer: :dance:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Oldboy

Quote from: krennon on July 30, 2010, 09:57:52 PM

I was approached by one of the operations managers who I have a very good working relationship with (was helping her out last year with a major recruitment campaign and helping her scan and catalogue documents etc) and she asked me if I wanted to come and work with her on a full time basis asap....I will still be at the same company and there is no payrise (yet) but it means I will be working for her and one of the other directors and not the director who nearly made me quit 2 years ago (some of you may remember me posting about that)....
So I will have a new job, pretty much left to my own devices keeping track of her area managers and phoning her customers and that will be about it, it won't be quite that dossy but it'll be nice to have a bit of freedom....looking forward to it and can't wait as soon as my current manager finds a replacement for me I'll be transferring over.. ;D :tup: :beer: :dance:

That sounds great and just what the doctor ordered.  :tup:

Graham

Quote from: Oldboy on July 30, 2010, 11:34:33 PM
Quote from: krennon on July 30, 2010, 09:57:52 PM

That sounds great and just what the doctor ordered.  :tup:

Yes indeed, and well done on sticking with it.

Graham. :tup:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

picsfor

Glad that there is finally to be some light at the end of the tunnel.
I can certainly empathise with your experience.

Eileen

Glad to hear that things are looking up for you Keith.

ABERS

Great news Keith. Congratulations.

picsfor

Ordered my copy yesterday. So now then i'll proof that i've been out photographing with a top photographer along the lines of Martin Parr & Annie Liebovitz  :tup: :2funny:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.