• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 122
  • Total: 122
  • Bingbot
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan

Quote from: Just Dave on May 14, 2010, 04:15:38 PM
then I thought to myself should I have taken a photo first, What Would You Have Done ?

It scares me that anybody could ask that question.

WMMFGT? Got a call from a magazine ed asking if I'd mind very much shooting their next few covers for them...... :)
It's Guest's round

Just Dave

Quote from: Jonathan on May 14, 2010, 06:32:06 PM
then I thought to myself should I have taken a photo first, What Would You Have Done ?

Ah but if an angry farmer caught you with a lamb by the scruff of its neck an image would have proved it was stuck and your getting it free

Thanks jinky the should I have taken a shot came after I freed it
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

Graham

Quote from: Just Dave on May 15, 2010, 10:12:40 AM
Quote from: Jonathan on May 14, 2010, 06:32:06 PM

Ah but if an angry farmer caught you with a lamb by the scruff of its neck an image would have proved it was stuck and your getting it free

Thanks jinky the should I have taken a shot came after I freed it

Twice I've rescued stuck sheep in the way you describe. On another occasion a full grown sheep had rolled onto it's back and could not right its self,....that was a messy but ultimately rewarding job!
  The last occasion I had to turn into "Sheep rescue man" was when we were walking in an empty field but could hear a lamb bleating. It took an hour or so to track it down to some rabbit holes, it took another couple of hours of digging and scrapeing  with my bare hands and a piece of flint to get to the point where I could reach it's hind legs and drag it out (I would have stayed there all night if I'd had to.
   I'll see if I can find the pic wifey took.
                                        Graham. :tup:

Found it!

As you can see, I lied about the piece of flint....it was a bit of an old brick.

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Just Dave

Well done Graham, good story  :)
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

spinner

Wow, how big do the rabbits get over there? :o
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Graham

Quote from: spinner on May 16, 2010, 11:02:40 AM
Oh, about the size of a small sheep! ;D
                      Graham.

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Just Dave

Nice to see an image Graham well done mate

Quote from: spinner on May 16, 2010, 11:02:40 AM

Dont know about the rabbits round my way squirrels are massive,  taken in Horwich NR Chorley

Dave

Just Dave

Woow the suns shinning and Im going to some wild flower and lavender fields and Hesswall  today, will be a fab day out with my 5 tog buddies  :)

jinky

Have a good one Dave. I`m out later with some Flickr Leeds contacts shooting a Civil war reenactment at one of our larger Council parks / Jacobean houses. Despite some of my brushed with officialdom (maybe because of it) even was able to mock up some official badges enabling us to shoot in the camera off limits house - no flash or tripods. Great stuff - though checking them out briefly yesterday seemed a rather low key affair. be a good test for my shiney D700 though which I am totally in love wit now. Like any new relationship we`re still testing each other out and occasionally being disappointed by not knowing each other well enough to communicate effectively. I could break the habit of a lifetime and read the manual but heh - part of a new relationship is finding out things by chance / trying things out  :D

bones615

Just rescued a baby blackbird that had fallen from the nest in my conifer, couldnt fly had no tail feathers but very lively skipping about in the border acting as cat bait. Used an old fishing net & released it back into the tree where the parents are going in & out, hopefully it will find its own way back from there.

Just Dave

Quote from: jinky on May 23, 2010, 09:05:35 AM
Have a good one Dave. I`m out later with some Flickr Leeds contacts shooting a Civil war reenactment at one of our larger Council parks / Jacobean houses. Despite some of my brushed with officialdom (maybe because of it) even was able to mock up some official badges enabling us to shoot in the camera off limits house - no flash or tripods. Great stuff - though checking them out briefly yesterday seemed a rather low key affair. be a good test for my shiney D700 though which I am totally in love wit now. Like any new relationship we`re still testing each other out and occasionally being disappointed by not knowing each other well enough to communicate effectively. I could break the habit of a lifetime and read the manual but heh - part of a new relationship is finding out things by chance / trying things out  :D

Thanks Jinky we had a fab day out, unfortunately the wild flower fields weren't in full bloom so we will have to go back
Congrats on the new camera, hope you got lots of good shots, I also like to tog re enactments the hard bit is not to get anything modern in shot, not easy  :)

Quote from: bones615 on May 23, 2010, 08:40:17 PM
Just rescued a baby blackbird that had fallen from the nest in my conifer, couldnt fly had no tail feathers but very lively skipping about in the border acting as cat bait. Used an old fishing net & released it back into the tree where the parents are going in & out, hopefully it will find its own way back from there.

Well done Bones hope its still OK hopefully it will survive.  :)

Well Im off on holiday to Wales for a week today so see you all when we get back  :)

ABERS

Watching the Vixen parading her three cubs around the bottom of the garden. :)

Graham

Just got my internet conection back after 7 days break. :tup:
   You see I'm with Virgin and it was my turn to have some "Down time"!
   I've been trying to keep up with you all via my laptop and one of those "Dialless Wongle" jobies.
                Good to be back.
                               Graham. 8)

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Hinfrance

Yesterday - The Eurovision Song Contest. I absolutely love the whole thing. The songs were, on the whole, a little too slick and professional this year, with only Moldova taking the rise in the traditional way.

At least the voting seemed a little more balanced - the UK finished exactly where deserved - last - it was dreadful song with out of tune backing vocals and a can't be bothered performance.

Roll on next year.

PS, looks like the winner had a head start - the song has been a success all over Europe already and the youtube vid has had almost 6 million hits.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

picsfor

Quote from: Tringle WP on May 30, 2010, 07:41:20 AM
PS, looks like the winner had a head start - the song has been a success all over Europe already and the youtube vid has had almost 6 million hits.

So what are we thinking here?

Rolling Stones? Coldplay? Elton John? Take That?

Between them they've had some fairly impressive hits that are well loved all over Europe!

Or should we join the attractive female singer brigade?

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.