• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 53
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 43
  • Total: 43
Wish
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinky

Nice to see this coalition government make a yew turn on the sale of the forests and woodlands  :)

Oldboy

Quote from: jinky on February 17, 2011, 04:37:32 PM
Nice to see this coalition government make a yew turn on the sale of the forests and woodlands  :)

Very true and I like your pun.  :2funny: :tup:

krennon

wmmfgt

The 35-80mm f4 lens arrived today well chuffed, just tried a few indoor test shots to try it out and it all works ok af is fairly quick manual focus is smooth but with no sign of lens creep, this is the minolta lens with the built in lens cap so at least I can't lose it  ;) Very chuffed with the prompt service from monark cameras (left positive feedback)....hoepfully the rain will hold off a bit at the weekend so I can get out with it to have a proper play....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Oldboy

Quote from: krennon on February 17, 2011, 09:26:38 PM
wmmfgt

The 35-80mm f4 lens arrived today well chuffed, just tried a few indoor test shots to try it out and it all works ok af is fairly quick manual focus is smooth but with no sign of lens creep, this is the minolta lens with the built in lens cap so at least I can't lose it  ;) Very chuffed with the prompt service from monark cameras (left positive feedback)....hoepfully the rain will hold off a bit at the weekend so I can get out with it to have a proper play....

Great you've got the new lens.  :tup:

Shame about the weather - it's rubbish for the next four days!  >:( At this rate the sunshine for Feb will be less than we had last month, and that was 41% down.  :'(

spinner

Quote from: Oldboy on February 17, 2011, 10:51:07 PM

Shame about the weather - it's rubbish for the next four days!  >:( At this rate the sunshine for Feb will be less than we had last month, and that was 41% down.  :'(

Ah the weather, All week long they've been forecasting +double digit temps for my place. Got up this morning to find it was +9. Thought, fantastic won't take long to get up the that +13 they called for. Glanced at the TV news program with the weather forecast and had to do a double take, says it was going to be +5 this aft. So, I checked the hourly forecast to discover, yes the high of +13 came and went in the middle of the night and the temps were on a steady decline back to below freezing by sometime this evening.  :-[ :'(
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Oldboy

Quote from: spinner on February 18, 2011, 02:10:02 PM
Quote from: Oldboy on February 17, 2011, 10:51:07 PM

Ah the weather, All week long they've been forecasting +double digit temps for my place. Got up this morning to find it was +9. Thought, fantastic won't take long to get up the that +13 they called for. Glanced at the TV news program with the weather forecast and had to do a double take, says it was going to be +5 this aft. So, I checked the hourly forecast to discover, yes the high of +13 came and went in the middle of the night and the temps were on a steady decline back to below freezing by sometime this evening.  :-[ :'(

Well it was cold and dull today.  >:(

Might be worth checking the sky tonight, and for the next two, as the sun has had a CME which should produce a great aurorae borealis. It might even be seen over the UK, so keep your eyes peeled.

Well if it happened, due to the heavy clouds all weekend, we couldn't see.  >:(

krennon

WMMFGT....

My wife is the best.....she has got me an early birthday present...from e-bay the much talked about and revered Minolta 70-210 mm F4 "BEERCAN" lens just waiting for it to arrive (about 7-11 days coming from Germany)....this lens is just about the best piece of glass Minolta ever made it is talked about in hushed tones by Minolta/Sony owners,  and is getting harder & harder to get hold of, I think people who have this lens tend to hold onto it....I am sure there are CANIK equivalents but I don't know what they are...Just need to sort out the paypal issue at the sellers end (he has already been in touch to say he is on the case) and it should be posted shortly....can't wait....I love my wife to bits and am very grateful to her for getting this for me  ;D

Oldboy

Quote from: krennon on February 21, 2011, 09:57:48 AM
WMMFGT....

My wife is the best.....she has got me an early birthday present...from e-bay the much talked about and revered Minolta 70-210 mm F4 "BEERCAN" lens just waiting for it to arrive (about 7-11 days coming from Germany)....this lens is just about the best piece of glass Minolta ever made it is talked about in hushed tones by Minolta/Sony owners,  and is getting harder & harder to get hold of, I think people who have this lens tend to hold onto it....I am sure there are CANIK equivalents but I don't know what they are...Just need to sort out the paypal issue at the sellers end (he has already been in touch to say he is on the case) and it should be posted shortly....can't wait....I love my wife to bits and am very grateful to her for getting this for me  ;D

From what I've heard you will be very pleased using it.  :tup:

Hinfrance

WMMFGT....

I'm sure you'll be very happy with your present. Now you've got two new lenses to play with - that should keep you busy for a while :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Graham

WMMFGT....

If, by any rare chance you don't get on with your new lens....just make sure you hang on to the wife, they'er priceless....trust me, I know!  :tup:

Anyway, WMMFGLN (Last night).
                                                               I was photographing Peter (Son of Lonnie) Donigan last night. Playing with his Dad's old band!
                                                                                                 Graham.  :dance:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

bones615

Just got home form a long day in Sheffield, went to have a tour of the university. A very nice place, eldest son has made it his first choice without seeing any others. 3.5 hour drive was a bit much for somebody who normally goes no further than the local Asda but I am looking forward to going back to have a look around the city and maybe venture out into the peak district with my camera, that's assuming he doesn't change his mind in April when we have a look around Nottingham (1/2 hour closer though).
Just hope he gets his grades now.

Simon

krennon

Already getting involved with the new sites we have taken on from our client.....loads of TUPE stuff to sort out so a bit of pressure there but at least we've got some more business coming in and I can hopefully negotiate a bit of a pay rise (been there 3 years now and not had one)....

krennon

Got a confirmation e-mail that the 70-210f4 beercan is on its way...alas don't think it will arrive in time for the weekend but looking forward to getting it :)

krennon

I WUZ WRONG  ;D

The lens arrived today YAY....VEY HAPPY BUNNY, first test shots taken from the backdoor of some garden ephemera show this to be a cracking piece of glass....everything I hoped it would be and then some.....very very happy chappy as it means I can take it up to london tomorrow.....meeting Irv up there as well.....
Abers if we meet up sometime I'll bring it with me so you can try it on your A700 think that will do it a bit more justice than the A350...

Seriously happy bunny here can't wait to take it out  ;D....also ordered a hotshoe spirit level and off camera flash cord from Amazon should arrive in the next 3-4 days hopefully.....

krennon

So went up the Museum of London with Irv for the street photography exhibition.....seriously good exhibition well worth it....then onto Hyde Park where the heavens opened.... :'( so Irv and his missus (who was soaked from walking to meet us) headed off....that wasn't such a good part of the day.....
then it brightened up....got a few shots of some of the speakers at Hyde Park...got into a discussion with a few of them (all banter of course) then finally got home at about 7:30pm cold and hungry but feeling that at least the day wasn't a total washout
If you get the chance to go to the museum of london for the exhibition then do it....it's seriously worth it...

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.