• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 65
  • Total: 65
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Flickr and how?

Started by Geoff I, December 21, 2011, 11:19:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff I

I have an account with Photobucket but I see lots of people use Flickr so I have set up an account up on there, I want to do it right and make the Flickr account look good without looking like a plain site as it is, I need a little help. I have only got 3 photo's on that site at the moment but hope to get a good amount of photo's up over Christmas.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/geoffs_images/

picsfor

TBH Geff, not sure you can do much to make your Flickr site look good.

Not quite Tumblr or 500px in terms of customisation. Pretty much choose how many columns you want in your gallery and how you want the sets displayed, and that's it - unless i've missed something.
I know a few people who use it as their main site and thy've got nothing more than i have.

Flickr is popular, and a good way of sharing images, but it is not quite WordPress when it comes to making it look good.

Geoff I

I am reading all the jargon on Flickr now and there might be a way of making the site a bit more interesting rather than the bland pages, just need to read more up on the subject.

greypoint

You can always send people to view via flickriver  - set the address to recent/most popular/sets etc. - it looks a bit better!
http://www.flickriver.com/photos/greypoint/sets/

Geoff I

Thanks greypoint for the thumbs up on Flickriver.

greypoint

Geoff I

Well its a start, and hopefully I can get more images on over the Christmas Break.

Jonathan

Flickr + Looks nice = www.500px.com

(OK it's not really Flickr - but it's much prettier)
It's Guest's round

picsfor

Quote from: Jonathan on December 22, 2011, 07:53:47 AM
Flickr + Looks nice = www.500px.com

(OK it's not really Flickr - but it's much prettier)

Yep, with Jonathan on that... More themes to play with as well...

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.