• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 122
  • Total: 122
  • Google
photobox
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABERS

It didn't annoy me more than make my flesh crawl and is  perhaps a 'no go' area for the forum , but following the senseless and vicious murder of a defenceless young mother of two who happened to be an MP,  the wail that has gone up from the ruling classes of how they are misunderstood and reviled by the public at large.

Cameron's statement 'we're  dedicated to serving the people' should have been followed by 'after we have served ourselves'.

You can bet that the spin doctors on all sides are already  formulating plans to turn this tragic event to their  advantage in some way or another.

Simple

I am glad to see I am not the only one thinking that. Agree with you 100%.

ABERS

Quote from: ABERS on June 18, 2016, 08:32:12 AM

You can bet that the spin doctors on all sides are already  formulating plans to turn this tragic event to their  advantage in some way or another.

Kinnock made my prediction come true yesterday during his eulogy in the Commons.

Hinfrance

I've been avoiding the news for a few days. It seemed to be for the best.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Quote from: ABERS on June 21, 2016, 08:59:02 AM
Quote from: ABERS on June 18, 2016, 08:32:12 AM

Kinnock made my prediction come true yesterday during his eulogy in the Commons.

Leaving aside which MPs may or may not have used the situation to their own advantage in whatever way, which is debatable in my eyes, I do find it unfair to blast the Kinnocks. Jo Cox had worked for the Kinnocks before being an MP and latterly shared an office with their son and were very close by all accounts. Their emotions and outpourings struck me as the most genuine of all the statements coming through. It was a tragic event which shames the nation in that it can happen and I have no doubt that if it had been an Asian man acting alone would have been condemned as Muslim extremism regardless of whether there are mental health issues or such involved. We`ll see what the outcome is in the court case but I don`t think MPs have acted too badly myself here other than having a very much more public grieving session than most professions are afforded when one of their own is killed or dies. I hope to see the 77 year old trying to help get a medal. I`ve had contacts say "It`s what we`d all have done" but afraid to say I doubt it. Not many will stand against an armed man and the guy deserves acclaim and awards for his efforts.

Oldboy

I think MP's are their own worse enemy as they say they are there to represent the people but, when it comes to important decisions, they vote with their conscious. A case in point is hanging were over sixty percent of people wanted it for child murders and the killing of police officers in the course of their duty. Our elected leaders voted with their conscious rather than what the people wanted. When you read about the expenses scandal, were they claimed for a packet of biscuits or 10p for the wear of a bike tyre then all respect disappears. I don't remember been asked if I wanted to give thirteen billion pounds in aid to other countries whilst billions are been cut from local services. If people ran their budgets like the MP's do with the nations they would be classed as irresponsible and rightly so. Respect has to be earned so, just because your are an MP doesn't give you respect.  :(

Hinfrance

UK MPs are representatives, not delegates, and therefore are under no obligation to vote other than according to their own conscience - although many would argue they rarely do.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Alfonso_Frisk

I have had to delete 6 long time contacts from my facebook pages.
I cant believe the things they have posted since the vote did not go their way.
Pre vote I did read a load of bile and nasty stuff from some people, but this lot ?  jeeez

Lots and lots of personal insults,branding people racist, bigots, or fascists questioning peoples intelligence and demanding re-votes or starting petitions.

You live in a democracy which is why you had a vote .
Do not insult 52% of the people that share this great land that allowed you an opinion....

Rant over
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

StephenBatey

I very rarely these days look at the AP forum, mainly because most posts represent viewpoints diametrically opposed to mine. I did however look in over the last day or so to see what was being said about the referendum. Before, there were snide remarks about the leave camp probably not accepting a close result and demanding a second referendum. After, there were calls to sign the petition for a second referendum and to write to MPs demanding that they ignore the result. The opinion was that rule by an elected majority was fascism whereas rule by unelected EU commissioners wasn't. OK, not said like that - just that a Fascist state would be the result if we left the EU.

The double standards really make me angry. If it weren't for the news items on the AP site I'd be tempted to delete my link to it.
Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

Hinfrance

I quite agree with the sentiments in the last two posts. I have in the past few weeks seen anyone wishing to vote leave abused and insulted and the most ridiculous 'facts' quoted with utter menace. I voted remain, but my viewpoint did not win the vote. It lost. Furthermore I quite understand the concerns that led the majority to vote to leave. For me remain was a very finely balanced choice. The EU is undemocratic with a crony bureaucracy and little understanding of the needs and wants of the vast majority of its citizens. It has to change, and this may be the kick up the pants it needs. Or it may disintegrate. Whatever, the world will keep on turning and the beer will still be in the fridge.

The leave vote is democracy at work, and long may it continue. The screams of anguish, and let's make no bones about this, from the left, show once again that they are the real fascists. They cannot tolerate any opinion other than their own: democracy is only OK if the voters agree with them. Very sad.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

ABERS

The 'screams of anguish' are not from the left but from those that have never taken part in an election before. The young. The spoiled generation that do not seem understand democracy . Listen to them in TV interviews  and you will hear the words me, my and I want liberally used.

It was the working classes that made Brexit  possible, you only have to look at the maps. Those that had nothing to lose. The ones that can see no future unless a change comes along, and this was their chance.

Alfonso_Frisk

Quote from: ABERS on June 25, 2016, 04:47:22 PM
The 'screams of anguish' are not from the left but from those that have never taken part in an election before. The young. The spoiled generation that do not seem understand democracy . Listen to them in TV interviews  and you will hear the words me, my and I want liberally used.

It was the working classes that made Brexit  possible, you only have to look at the maps. Those that had nothing to lose. The ones that can see no future unless a change comes along, and this was their chance.

Well said that man   :tup: :tup:
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Reinardina

From the Netherlands, on a dodgy internet connection:

Read in a paper here, that a 'Nexit' would gain a majority, but that moving away from the EU would be a step too far. Not quite sure what was meant by that (not leaving), but people are definitely unhappy about/with the present EU.

Brexit is a wake up call, but will the EU be able to change for the better?

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Hinfrance

If you spend any time on (anti)social media you will see that the vicious ad homs are almost exclusively from the young left. They are screaming that the 'older generation' have sold them down the river. So yes, left was too broad a brush, it's predominantly the young left. As far as they are concerned the old demographic of the white working class are not those who have nothing to lose, but are moronic, selfish, racist, faux left UKIP fifth columnists.

Some examples of the less abusive posts:

"most of the older generation that I know are carrying guilt for what others have done"

"If you voted "Leave" as a protest against the current government and establishment, you are an ill-informed, uneducated, utter, colossal, staggeringly astounding tip of a p*nis."

"The lunatics are running the asylum. What's next?"

"today I have lost hope for humanity"

"Still, it's been good to see an election where we've focussed on what unites us, which, sadly, is hatred"

"Don't call us bad losers when we have bad winners"

"Ask a silly question.. The people have spoken.. Cameron has quit.. markets in freefall and Pound hits 31yr low.. Swiss and UK central banks intervening to stop the bloodbath and the British equivalents of Trump are jubilant.. This is very dark day for Britain, the EU, and the global economy.. hold on folks, its going to be a bumpy ride.. totally utterly gutted."

"The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, but stupid ones (by implication anyone who voted out) are full of confidence"

"'boris flies overhead in a concorde made of Bank of England gold - "don't worry!" he laughs "I've cut out all the bits the French made!" and with that he crashes into the ground at 1200 miles an hour, along with the economy, the country and all the dozy nostalgic foreigner-fearing f*ckwits who fell for his bullshit.'

"Ashamed to be British right now. I can't believe so many people have been sucked into so many ridiculous and obvious lies. My poor child's future"

"to add insult to injury, now we'll have to live with some worse c*nt like Michael gove or boris f*cking Johnson"

Every one of the above from facebook contacts aged between 25 and 55, all of them I know to be Labour voters. Because, like vegetarians, they never stop telling you about their prejudices.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

ABERS

Quote from: Hinfrance on June 26, 2016, 08:35:49 AM
If you spend any time on (anti)social media you will see that the vicious ad homs are almost exclusively from the young left. They are screaming that the 'older generation' have sold them down the river. So yes, left was too broad a brush, it's predominantly the young left. As far as they are concerned the old demographic of the white working class are not those who have nothing to lose, but are moronic, selfish, racist, faux left UKIP fifth columnists.

"Ashamed to be British right now. I can't believe so many people have been sucked into so many ridiculous and obvious lies. My poor child's future"

Every one of the above from facebook contacts aged between 25 and 55, all of them I know to be Labour voters. Because, like vegetarians, they never stop telling you about their prejudices.

Your intimate knowledge of Facebook members is to your credit, things must be quiet in France. Having looked on Facebook I can see nowhere that you need to declare your political affiliations. So how can you maintain  that it is "predominantly  the young left".

I would maintain that they are the offspring of the Thatcher generation when we were told there was no such thing as society and you had no responsibility to your fellow man. But there again I can't  substantiate  that either, it's  just a gut feeling.

So the white working classes are moronic, selfish, racist and faux left UKIP fifth columnists. They'll  be pleased to know how they are regarded by the Remainers.

At least they are proud to be British unlike the person who is ashamed to be British. I would suggest he or she  should emigrate, whilst free movement still exists, and make his/her home within the EU and be ruled by unelected bureaucrats  and can continually carp and  moane about Great Britain.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.