• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 55
  • Total: 55
  • Bingbot
photobox
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Chat thread weekly comp'- With Atmosphere - 30th Jan - 5th Feb 2012

Started by Beaux Reflets, January 29, 2012, 06:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beaux Reflets

CHAT THREAD
This weeks topic for the competition is...

WITH  ATMOSPHERE

This weeks challenge is simply to portray a sense of atmosphere.

The subject matter is totally up to you, from a moody landscape, street scene, to a candle lit meal, or studio shot.

Choose an unusual angle of shot, lens, action, props, lighting or special effects, including post processing ones if you desire; to generate an atmospheric feeling or look to your image.

If you happen to have a special effect filter of your own creation tucked away in your library waiting for that particular shot, perhaps now is the time to be creative and get that special shot.

No restrictions on any PPing

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 30th Jan 2012 to 23:59 Sunday 5th Feb 2012 .
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 6th February 2012.
Poll will be up Tuesday 7th February 2012.
Winner to be announced Saturday 11th Feb 2012.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night

Above all play safely and have fun.

Good Luck
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Reinardina

Nice one Andy. I'm already looking forward to the many different versions of 'atmosphere'!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

kerbside

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Reinardina

Quote from: kerbside on January 31, 2012, 06:07:59 PM
Took this pic on Sunday 29th in Stratford, Oh well.

Jeff welcome! How nice to see you here.
When I saw this shot on Flickr, I immediately thought of this competition. Pity it was shot a day too early, but maybe you can do it again?

I've been out today in the hope to get some vaguely misty/foggy (never know the difference) shots, but I don't know yet how they came out.

Reinardina

Found it actually remarkably difficult to find 'atmosphere.'  That is to say, the sort of atmosphere I had in mind (something like Jeff's shot). Once my mind is set, it takes some persuasion, to think differently.

In the end, I did find my slightly misty morning shot (brain couldn't think of any other suitable atmospheres!).
I'm in with this one:
The Old Cemetery.

Hinfrance

I had a couple of ideas, but nothing came of them. So I went for something I hope will be OK.

Tell you what though, don't josticks stink the place out ? ::)

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Delamanda

I found this much more difficult than I thought it would be!  I just couldn't decide what was atmospheric, so in the end went for convivial atmosphere.  Some of the brave souls who ventured the elements to join our Sunday Shoot at Covent Garden.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.