• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 248
  • Total: 248
  • Google
millets
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

CHAT weekly competition - FILM TITLES - 12th to 18th October 2009

Started by Hinfrance, October 11, 2009, 06:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

The subject for this weeks competition is .....

FILM TITLES

Your picture should depict the title of a film, preferable pretty literally; like a key stuck in an orange for A Clockwork Orange. For a bit of added fun don't give your picture a title, let's try to guess what the film is in the chat thread (ie, here).

Rules:

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 12th to Sunday 18th October.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 19th October.
Poll will be up Tuesday 14th October until 23.59pm Friday 23rd October.
Winner to be announced Saturday 24th (winner should post the new topic no later than 23.59 Sunday 25th October).

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
create an entries thread
create a chat thread
create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie sunday xx to Monday xx

pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night

Poll to be created Tuesday to run till Friday, winner declared Saturday

Editing limits to be specified by the person choosing the competition subject, if nothing is mentioned then there is no limit to editing allowed.

Montage images should only contain images taken within specified dates

Please don't vote for your own entry

Everyone is welcome and comments and critique on the entries are also welcome

Posting your entries, and settiing up the poll.  Instructions are here: http://cameracraniums.com/forum/index.php?topic=382.0
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

You`d have guessed my desk top background picture I did for a DC Mag weekend comp then? ;)

It`s an old one I`ll not re-do

Hinfrance

I think I may have chosen too broadly again - I've got at least a dozen ideas for this one. Anyway, here is placeholder, just in case nothing else gets done:

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

jinky

Another from me that might replace my original effort as I made it obvious what it was with my title!

Not quite so obvious this one and a bugger to take using a Lensbaby Composer I was loaned by the main man in Flickr Leeds who has been given one to review by the company and is lending it out to Flickr Leeds Nikon users to test drive too. All manual - drop in aperture disk, no connection to any auto features on my D80 - just the histogram and shutter speed to look at!

Hinfrance

Got me stumped jinky. Is it this Canadian short? http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0311710/

No, thought not . .

How about Shallow Grave?
Carrie?
I've found five films called 'Cross', is it one of those?
There's one called 'The Grave' from 1996.

OK, I give up.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

jinky

Good guesses ... but you`re not right.
Right genre and I believe there was a trilogy - no I`m told 4 and the last one has just been out in 3d.

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Hinfrance

Here's another one then:

Doing another couple because this game is a hoot.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Hinfrance

Love yours Andrew, and it only took one look to get the title too - perfection!
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

picsfor

Many thanks - and it only cost a quid for the prop!
Still working on your latest.

I'm surprised there aren't more entries as i found this weeks theme open to so many choices, like you i've looked at several options. Stuck with this one for now.

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

jimthetrain

I too have had loads of ideas but have been working mid-mornings every day this week so haven't found the free timeto try anything. Had a day off yesterday but it was my long service award dinner (only 25 yrs)  :beer: :beer: so no chance there. On work again Sunday so the camera's gonna have to come with me I think just in case. There are a few work related films around if I can pick the moment. Trainspotting, Great train robbery, midnight express etc. Have to see what I can get in my break. :D
BOOZE!!! Helping ugly people have sex.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.