• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 61
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 23
  • Total: 23
wex
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

CHAT-Weekly Comp 27 Sep/3 Oct 2010-VISUAL PUN

Started by Hinfrance, September 26, 2010, 02:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

This is the CHAT thread for VISUAL PUN.

Entries HERE

Your mission this week is to create a photographic pun, in the literally obvious style of Pan's People; something along these lines (apologies these are both from me) - Apple Pi, Bermuda Triangle. Jinky has done some particularly groan inducing images in the past - Give Peas a Chance sticks in my mind for some reason - it's easy to do and a lot of fun to think one up.

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 27th September to Sunday 3rd October.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 4th October.
Poll will be up Tuesday 5th October  until 23.59pm Friday 8th October.
Winner to be announced Saturday 9th October, (winner should post the new topic no later than 23.59 Sunday 10th October).

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
create an entries thread
create a chat thread
create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie sunday xx to Monday xx

pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night

Poll to be created Tuesday to run till Friday, winner declared Saturday
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

If I`m better I`m away for a long weekend so got up to try these and fill the boredom.
Was going to do this one - any guesses  ;)

but instead went for this one.

I`d bet you I could reach it but (altogether) ...

Hinfrance

I reckon the first one is 'the grass is always greener on the other side', but I'm not sure (all right, haven't got a clue) what the entry is.

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Oh Howard - think along the betting lines and what sort of meat is up there

skellum

I think its " High Steaks "...... but I needed that clue from Jinky.. :legit:

jinky

Yeah dave - I`d bet I could reach it but ... the steaks are too high  ;)

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Hinfrance

Managed to get something, although my first idea went by the wayside.

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

rksmith51

Hi, "Guest" long time no see, how are you

Hinfrance

That wasn't my planned title Bob, but I really like your thinking.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

rksmith51

Hinfrance

You're thinking too hard Bob.

Clue coming up - complete this phrase or saying 'I've got a head like a  . . . . .  '
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

rksmith51

Is that the same expression as " I have a memory like a ....."  :)

Hinfrance

I would imagine so Bob. But I can't recall because I've got a head like a sieve.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

irv_b

after several weeks of being busy and a gross lack of time management on my part I managed to get a shot in - ideas thought of last night and executed today - why cant it always be like that ::)
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.