• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 177
  • Total: 177
millets
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

BBC 4 Great Photography Challenge

Started by jinky, May 25, 2021, 08:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinky

Did anybody watch this last night? Just watched it on catch up and quite interesting. They get challenges and reviews from Rankin and spent the first episode shooting at Brighton beach then onto the New Forest with Chris Packham before a celeb shoot with Anna Friel. Not as precious as that Sky photography programme so i`ll stick with it.

anglefire

No I didn't see it - was out to the Mom-in-laws delivering some shopping. Oh I live the high life!
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Oldboy

Didn't see it but will watch later on I-player.  :tup:

StephenBatey

I watched it. The first, Brighton, challenge I thought was unfair in that they were given the brief of "beach" and then marked down for photographing the beach rather than the town. As a Hove resident, I've got hundreds (probably) of Brighton photographs, some of which I actually like, but very few that I'd consider beach. Lacking rocks - just concrete and shingle - makes it tricky.

Overall, though, an interesting program.

After that opening paragraph, I might actually put some Brighton beach photos in the gallery.
Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

jinky

Yes I thought that given a brief of "Beach"  the resulting criticism was unfair for some too.

Hinfrance

I won't be watching it with Packham in it. He makes my skin crawl.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Quote from: Hinfrance on May 30, 2021, 07:51:51 AM
I won't be watching it with Packham in it. He makes my skin crawl.
I think he was just a one off for that challenge. Better photographer than I gave him credit for looking at his stuff

StephenBatey

I have to agree about Chris Packham. But he was only in one segment, and only the first program.

I have actually found it interesting, and speaking as a large format film photographer who loves Scotland, the final episode that has them using a large format camera to photograph landscape in Glen Coe should be even more interesting to me.
Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.