• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 60
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 44
  • Total: 44
parkcameras
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hevans

Quote from: spinner on November 23, 2009, 12:00:28 PM
Quote from: magicrhodes on November 17, 2009, 09:12:57 AM
WMYFGT Finding out who I trust and who I don't at work, a reasonably painful but worthwhile experience and I'll be having fun with that later  >:( ::)   :D

Trust no one! That's a line from a movie I think... My personal motto ' hunt alone' .  ;D

Especially if it's with Cheney and you're a lawyer.

CML-1591

Met Evan Davies/Davis today at uni, spoke to him briefly- more a-Evans: 'no you can go' Me: 'thanks.' but still, briefly
Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. - Ansel Adams,

Graham

Quote from: CML-1591 on November 23, 2009, 07:25:25 PM
Met Evan Davies/Davis today at uni, spoke to him briefly- more a-Evans: 'no you can go' Me: 'thanks.' but still, briefly
Does he look as err....distinctive as hedoes on telly?
                           Graham. ;D
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

skellum

I entered the Harris Museum Open Exhibition for the first time this year and went along to the opening event. To my supprise one of my entries ( the phone boxes ) was sold on the night even at the inflated price I had put on it to cover the Museums 20% commision. Here are a few pics from the event. Best not tell whoever bought it its half the price direct from me.

Oldboy

Quote from: Dave on November 27, 2009, 09:20:11 PM
I entered the Harris Museum Open Exhibition for the first time this year and went along to the opening event. To my supprise one of my entries ( the phone boxes ) was sold on the night even at the inflated price I had put on it to cover the Museums 20% commision. Here are a few pics from the event. Best not tell whoever bought it its half the price direct from me.

Well done Dave.  :tup:

Eileen

Congratulations. hopefully you will sell a few more copies before the exhibition ends.  :tup:

anglefire

Work have ued several of my pictures in the company Sales brochure - including the front page  :tup:

And several are on the website! http://www.waltermeier.com/uk/climate/en/home.html

(Mick, hope you don't mind the link - delete if you deem it not suitable!)
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Hybridphotog

Wmmfgt?

Finally having enough space on my twin 80GB HDDs to unrar a very large number of Atari ST disk images (140-ish 97MB rar files!), and then being able to dump the lot onto 4 DVDs.

I'll never need to hunt the internet for anything ST-related... at all!  :D

Alfonso_Frisk

http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

picsfor

Back in the good old days of Home Computing an extremely clever man working for Atari developed a computer which became known as an Atari ST.
The same man left shortly after it was produced and went to work for Commodore and helped develop a computer called an Amiga.

They were almost identical machines except the ST was much better at producing music and could often be seen being used by the Techno bands of the time and the Amiga was much better at graphics and was used to generate most of the graphics for early day Babylon 5 episodes (it was also at the heart of the T-Rex car chase in Jurassic Park but the PC guys get rather defensive about that fact because many more PC's were involved as well - well they need many more  ;D).

They were both far more powerful than the MS DOS or MS Windows based machines of their time but without the MS clout to back them up.

Atari ST succumbed to Apple for its music base and the Amiga had all other areas sewn up - until it also went into obscurity when Commodore self imploded.
RIP Atari ST which really was a ground breaking computer of its time!

Oldboy

Quote from: picsfor on December 03, 2009, 09:28:55 AM
RIP Atari ST which really was a ground breaking computer of its time!

And it used Gem.  :tup:

Alfonso_Frisk

So ST is a shortened version of what ?
sit tight ?
some thing?
single take ?
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Jonathan

It's Guest's round

picsfor

The things you can learn on a photography web site!

Back to the images question - they are compressed files of an ST Emulator with a whole array of software.
Just need enough space to decompress them and put them onto CD's after which you can use your current computer as though it were an Atari ST.

Or, if you're like me - you have a genuine Amiga 1200 sitting in your garage with some software. But that's not always possible or practical.

Those were certainly great times, where games were about game play and not graphics. Software developing was about producing 'finished' bug free software and could be done by any one with a bit of time and will to learn and experiment. Computing wise- we will never see the like again.

magicrhodes

I remember gaming on a 520ST playing Gauntlet and the very first Simpsons game

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.